• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I need a snus can, swedish residents where are you?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl Bay

Reaction score
Hi there.

I want one of these http://isnus.se/prylar/general-waterproof-edition-67.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everybody selling them refuses to deliver to the EU. Anybody in Sweden willing and able to help?
Thanks,
philipp

Hi - can't help with your question.... but what is Snus??? :D

ah o.k. - just checking wiki and this might explain the problem......

The sale of snus is illegal in the European Union[1][2] and Turkmenistan[3] but, due to special exemptions, it is still manufactured and consumed primarily in Sweden, Norway and Denmark (loose only). The Russian State Duma drafted a bill which banned snus in Russia from 1 June 2013 onwards

When I was a student in the early 90's, I was in the skydiving club at Bradford Uni. We had some crazy Norweigen's in the club who used Snus on a regular basis. To a non-smoker like me, wedging a lump of Snus between your gum and upper lip was like taking a massive drag on a cigarette. A real head-rush. Not surprised it's banned tbh!

Just for the record, I'm not asking for an illegal favor. We are just talking about an empty snus can here.

On a side note, talking for germany here, I allways thought it was illegal here since a few years which is why
almost (luckily) nobody is willing to import to the EU.
However I have seen a tobacco store in Garmisch sell it. They have it on the counter visible to everyone.
Maybe some sort of grayzone relabelling it as chewing tobacco, I dont't know. It doesn't appear to be
completely illegal though.

Hi

my daughter is Swedish and over here for a while in London, she uses snus I can ask her if she has an empty tin if you want.

cheers
Ginga

I tried Snus when I was in Stockholm a couple of years ago and nearly passed out. It was a bit too much for a non-smoker. :lol:

But I don't see why it would be illegal in the EU. If this is illegal than smoking cigarettes should be a crime, as at least you're not bothering anyone else with smoke, tar and stuff.

my daughter is Swedish and over here for a while in London, she uses snus I can ask her if she has an empty tin if you want.

Thanks for the offer ginga, but I'm only interrested in that special waterproof can. Got plenty of empty standard (plastic) cans..... ;)

I might get help of a friends friend living in CH though. Which means I still have hope

But I don't see why it would be illegal in the EU. If this is illegal than smoking cigarettes should be a crime, as at least you're not bothering anyone else with smoke, tar and stuff.
Not the first time this politics bs gets me thinking

Resto-raider said:
I tried Snus when I was in Stockholm a couple of years ago and nearly passed out. It was a bit too much for a non-smoker. :lol:

Don't start bring us smokers in to this!

Leave us alone :(

:lol:

Mouth and Jaw cancer was the main concern for banning it. This was just after Scoll Bandits hit the market in the uk and built some manufacturing plant in Scotland I recall. The "tea bags" the snus is in has corse fibre (may be glass-can't remember now) that is designed to scratch the gums for better absorption.

Anyway, back on topic. I have a Swedish colleague and snus sucker that I'll ask tomorrow. I'll be over then in a couple of weeks so could bring it back if he can get hold of one an not able to post.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts