I want some lows but family friendly.....possible?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benveedub

Reaction score
Hey everyone i'm looking at alot of these buses thinking i love the seriously lowered but i love the standard too..
i'm new to aircooled ownership and i want to take my bus down a tad like 30-40mm am i right in thinking its not just a case of buying lowering springs? lol

anyone give me an idea of what i'd have to do and roughly what sort of price i'm loking at?

sorry if its been covered before and for sounding stupid!

One spline at the rear, adjusters at the front... Ive been looking too. :D

Look through this thread. http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26769&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)

myvanway 69 said:
One spline at the rear, adjusters at the front... Ive been looking too. :D

Look through this thread. http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26769&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 8)

This is what i have and the ride is spot on. Even with stupid tiny front tyres

Even with the family, awning, roof rack loaded and bikes on the back...

J.

Likewise - family man with 3 kids, no issues at all with grounding out and running standard rims/tyres - takes it down from the tippy toes stock ride height
amehy5es.jpg

benveedub said:
Hey everyone i'm looking at alot of these buses thinking i love the seriously lowered but i love the standard too..
i'm new to aircooled ownership and i want to take my bus down a tad like 30-40mm am i right in thinking its not just a case of buying lowering springs? lol

anyone give me an idea of what i'd have to do and roughly what sort of price i'm loking at?

sorry if its been covered before and for sounding stupid!

dont let the thought of being low restrict you mate, a wife, 2 kids and a dog - we have a wail of a time :D

21383_416364691751142_1357283202_n.jpg

camp1of1.jpg

418285_10151123792064468_746653396_n.jpg

bus1of1-4.jpg

earlybaygnc.jpg

benveedub said:
Awsome guys thanks for the help

guessing its a pricey thing to do then :( may have to wait a bit

I Had mine dropped 40mm ish on the front only and rear is standard so to level it out a bit.
Cost about £170 i think.
Look on T2D, they give you the 'low down'!

20120906_121715.jpg

I want a little more though...Adjusters and one spline maybe.
Horse shoe plates and dropspindles was another option if you dont mind changing your tyres but quite a bit more ££££

LINK:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=t2d&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.type2detectives.com%2F&ei=gZfwUMTLKMSs0QXfs4CQBA&usg=AFQjCNHT1p7LVZ9NTDk65VsIDj3bQQ8mmQ&bvm=bv.1357700187,d.d2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I do love your bus Paul. :mrgreen:
How cool would that look slammed!! :cool:
My complete front beam setup will be for sale next month after I get my new beam and bags fitted!
Not sure of price, waiting on Guy from Slamwerks to advise a price.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

Foz said:
I do love your bus Paul. :mrgreen:
How cool would that look slammed!! :cool:
My complete front beam setup will be for sale next month after I get my new beam and bags fitted!
Not sure of price, waiting on Guy from Slamwerks to advise a price.

Air ride would be the way for me if I had the Dollar.
Looking forward to seeing yours Foz, Maybe you can take me for a test ride Hur?! :mrgreen:

myvanway 69 said:
I want a little more though...Adjusters and one spline maybe.

The problem is it wont end there. I have an adjustable beam and dropped at rear and now i want more :)

Narrow beam is sat waiting to be powder coated along the the rest of my front setup and when its fitted i quite fancy going a lot lower...

J.

Yeh mate, you can see how it rides @ Ninove :smile:
According to Guy @Slamwerks it will be an 'awesome ride'
Will be interesting to say the least buddy!
I hope he is right as Im going to be doing quite a few miles in her this year! 2 trips to Belgium just for starters! :twisted:

Latest posts