I went Away, nowI'm back. Need a bay in my life again!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baybus70

Reaction score
Some of you may remember my '71 Bay rest from a few years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=4MeRRMnbRPk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Due to personal circumstances I needed to sell the bus when it was completed. Well I'm now after something else, so I'm going to be on the lookout for another! This time not for a full rest, just to drive and enjoy.

Prices have gone up a bit since I was last on! :D I'm After a Panel van or crew cab this time so hopefully I'll be paying less than a bus!

Look forward to speaking to you all again.

Steve :D

Seems like prices are going up daily..... Regularly see busses for £10-12k where same busses where £7-8K last year... Spend £4 or £5K on a bus today and you are lucky if its got an engine!!! Good luck in your search Steve

AGC said:
Seems like prices are going up daily..... Regularly see busses for £10-12k where same busses where £7-8K last year... Spend £4 or £5K on a bus today and you are lucky if its got an engine!!! Good luck in your search Steve

I'm finding this. I paid £4000 for my bus with a 1776 motor and a full Danbury Interior in 2006. It hid a multitude of sins but even so I'm finding rough messed about with buses like this are £7500. Just 6 years earlier I picked up a late '67 bay for £250! ok it needed arches, front panel and rear corners but I won't see those times again!

I thought about a T25 for a while as I had to think about a compromise as I've only got about £8500.

We'll see if I'm being unrealistic.

Good luck fella but you still have a good budget there.....

I found my receipt for my 71 with 1776 last week £3,750 + £100 delivery ooohh if only I knew how far early bays were gonna creep back then..... :lol:

Patience is the key, I've just picked up 68 westy in the last couple of months at only a fraction over your budget. It's a solid Cali import that just needs cosmetic stuff doing. So with it being the time of year for some to off load their vans after the summer, it won't be long before something decent pops up in your price range.

Welcome back to the fold (we hope) and fingers crossed you find the right bus at the right price ;)

so am i considered a crook for my first bus i baught last year now bearing in mind it was a late i paid $500 for it rolled the paint on it and sold it for $1500

and the bus i have now the beautiful 71 i picked up for $800 an drove it home!!

the 71 was much more solid thn the 78!!

lynn71 said:
so am i considered a crook for my first bus i baught last year now bearing in mind it was a late i paid $500 for it rolled the paint on it and sold it for $1500

I got a funny suspicious feeling, that you may not be in the UK :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, If only they wuz that here !! ;) 8) :lol:

there are still some bargins to be had and its coming to that time again. last jan i bought a 71 dorma t&t 5 owners from new. new engine 4000 miles ago i gave him £3600 and drove it 120 miles home :D it is a works in progress but i love it and use it more than i work on.

lynn71 said:

:shock: $800 wouldnt even get a bucket of rust over here.. :lol:

baybus70 said:
Some of you may remember my '71 Bay rest from a few years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=4MeRRMnbRPk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Due to personal circumstances I needed to sell the bus when it was completed. Well I'm now after something else, so I'm going to be on the lookout for another! This time not for a full rest, just to drive and enjoy.

Prices have gone up a bit since I was last on! :D I'm After a Panel van or crew cab this time so hopefully I'll be paying less than a bus!

Look forward to speaking to you all again.

Steve :D
seen this thought you might like it i know nothing about it just spotted it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vw-early-bay-window-crew-cab-71-tax-exempt-RHD-/180725675880?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a1416f768#ht_500wt_949" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts