ib-bus 1968 Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ib-bus

Reaction score
dance1.gif
Look what I just bought just a few minutes ago !!!
Westfalia 1968, it runs, it's a California bus , it is currently in Los Angeles area but I should have it home by early next week.
Best of all I did not have to surrender any of my kids to buy it :D
I can already see some wood panels and seat covers coming out in a hurry , feels good to be back to the earlybay world :mrgreen:

22011622_1X.jpg

22011622_5X.jpg

22011622_6X.jpg

22011622_AX.jpg

22011622_7X.jpg

Looks very nice mate!! Love the door cards, reminds me of my mum and dads old hall way in the 70's!! :lol: :lol:

sparkywig said:
Does this mean you'll be at CamperJam/Busfest next year then? :lol:

" Si Señor " I'll be there next year for one of your nice events you guys put together , have plenty of time to sort the bus for next year.
Been thinking Volksworld , but Camper Jam or Busfest sound good too.

68_early_bay said:
Happy days and nice bus 8)

Thanks mate , this will be the first '68 I restore so hopefully is not missing any of the hard to find parts , I'm sure you know what I'm talking about 8)

Good to see you have another early. I'm sure you will make it another sweet ride.

68_early_bay said:
ib-bus said:
68_early_bay said:
Happy days and nice bus 8)
Thanks mate , this will be the first '68 I restore so hopefully is not missing any of the hard to find parts , I'm sure you know what I'm talking about 8)
Haha I know what you mean, and good luck on the resto 8)

Thanks Shaun.

Cali_bay said:
Good to see you have another early. I'm sure you will make it another sweet ride.

Thanks Si , can't wait to get my hands on it.

dubscum said:

8) 8) :mrgreen:

Clem said:
Yay! See you with it next summer ! :D

Cheers Clem , it will be nice to see you guys again.
The bus should arrive in San Diego tonight , I will go pick it up tomorrow after work and take my own pictures.

Just came back from visiting the bus at the shippers yard , I was nervous to see if there were any bad surprises as I bought this bus thru an auction house so I had only seen a few pictures online.
I was only there a few minutes on my lunch break but was able to look around and noticed a few things.
I'm happy to report that the good outweights the bad as it really is a solid bus and all those hard to find '68 only parts and all the Westfalia cabinets are there and in good shape.
The only bad thing I noticed is that it looks like it was in an accident and the rear left corner was replaced with a solid clip from a newer bus , it seems like they did a good job but that lip on the rear tire will have to be replaced to match the other side , Wolfsburg West has that metal section so that's on the list already.

I left the paperwork at an agency and I should have new plates later today , I hope to get it home by tomorrow night.

According to the M Plate it was delivered to Los Angeles , it was built April 9th 1968 , color is L87 Perl White.

Here are some pictures I took today.

newparts225.jpg

newparts220.jpg

newparts219.jpg

newparts218.jpg

newparts210.jpg

newparts209.jpg

newparts208.jpg

newparts205.jpg

newparts204.jpg

newparts203.jpg

newparts226.jpg