ICT Tuning Qs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creationblue

Reaction score
Ok, fitted the ICTs today, wasnt exactly straightward but got there in the end. They fired up first time and ran OK 8)

I found this on JK forum, nice one Punnet http://www.justkampers.com/forum/thread/view/punnets_guide_to_fitting_ict_34s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a few questions if someone can help me,

I blanked off the off-side carb's vac pipe, and used the near-side to connect to the dissy, is this ok?

I also plugged the manifold hosetails, altho since read that these should be linked.

I connected the breathers that went from the carbon filter to the airbox via the breather near the oil fill cap in a circle back the carbon filter. I assume this wont cause any probs.

The pipe next to the hot-air riser pipe that connected to the airbox i left 'open', any ideas?

Now the tickover is around 1500rpm so i need to drop it a bit, and on full throttle there was a flat spot and a bit of a backfire. All in all not a bad days work.

Any links to a website on setting them up? The instructions said they set-up was included, but now with mine they werent :roll:

All advise welcome

Cheers

Just

1st point some go for a tee with anti pulsebut i'll leave that to others

2nd generally connected together but as above

3rd the carbon filter should be vented to the carb as it contains petrol vapour, that said the carbon filter is often incorrectly connected if its connected at all, it should have the tank vent running to it, an air inlet from the fan housing with the outlet to airbox.

4th blank it off its a hot air riser

Thanks Araon

I got some fuel hose today and linked the manifolds together, then did the setup as per the above link, running great so far, will have another play with the settings in the future but for now its a great setup that will improve even more when I add the stainless exhaust.

One prob has occured in that the generator light is now permently lit :roll:

Just

matt-me said:
what does an anti pulse valve do? I have ICT's and always looking to improve.

Matt it smoothes out the signal from the carb to the vac unit, giving a more controlled advance, or at least, thats the idea

Just

Latest posts