icts svda 009 and dissy - yes i am !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pottinger

Reaction score
hey guys,

okay, i am on the homeward leg (hopefully :roll: ) of getting the bus back on the roady .

I have to order any of the engine build up pieces (whilst tinware being powdered) and just need your input :roll:

okay, its ready to receive the twin 34ict's / cb manis / csp bellcrank and the vintagespeed zorst.
All the usual plugs / leads / coil (all new bosch)

So lastly thought the 009 dissy i have should be changed (in reading loadsa posts) to a SVDA.
Then i read the carb vac signal needs to match the dissy. At this point (as i know zilch about timing etc etc)
i started to get lost (i havent a clue on static this / dynamic that / advance of 7.5 tdc :oops: )

i was going to get this (apparently its an 034 dissy with vac)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Electronic-Distributor-VW-009-050-010-034-/120804392668?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c2080bedc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have removed my old one (009) after marking where it went ready to receive whatever i do buy but as all this is being done at once i rearly need some pointers and also how the hell if renewing all this when its started for the first time do you know what to adjust first :lol: :roll: :oops: :shock:

cheers guys for any help. I know us noob's can ask a heck of alot (at least i do :msn4: ) but it
is about the only way we can learn (and thankyou too, ive learnt masses so far) and pass it on later.

cheers
potty pott pott

i stuck on the stock SVDA from my old engine, but iv only turned it over and moved it back and forth on my drive so far, its off to the rolling road for the carbs doing properly tomorrow so ill let you know if the spinny floor spanner men shout at me for anything.

antoine said:
i stuck on the stock SVDA from my old engine, but iv only turned it over and moved it back and forth on my drive so far, its off to the rolling road for the carbs doing properly tomorrow so ill let you know if the spinny floor spanner men shout at me for anything.
:lol:

to be fair, the only reason i put the svda in was because i had both and after looking at them, checking they were both genuine vw and checking which had less play, it came down to which one would clean up easiest. :lol:

argh, bloody macbook autocorrect makes posts take 3 times as long to type.

yes i get what your all saying but rearly want to replace the 009 one i have (it looks like its seen better days)
and dont want to buy something that doesnt suit.

so if not this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-Electronic-Distributor-VW-009-050-010-034-/120804392668?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c2080bedc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can you give me link to somethin else :roll: ;) :oops:
ie, should i get an original vw SVDA one, if so any pointers, ??

thanks all
potts

The posted ebay link should be ok - gen vw SVDA's are easy enough to get hold of though, but they need reprogramming. If you had no upper budget the vac version of the 123 distributor looks really nice..but it's 230!!
I went through a few ebay ones as there was shaft play :shock: not sure if you can rebuild / rebush...never investigated - I have enough bits to make 2 if so!!

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=41347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

couple of dizzys,

nothing to do with me, just spotted it.

ok

SO at £54.95 powerspark sell the complete unit (SVDA type 034)

Is there a reason to buy a second had original VW 034 and fit the powerspark internals ?
The cost of the VW dizzy alone is more for the same thing, no ?
Does the vacuum have to be matched to the ict's VW or powerspark ?

How do i install and set them up ? (already taken the old 009 off).

any help please guys and gals is much appreciated :D

potts

Latest posts