if i HAD to sell..........what could i get £££££

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedresto

Reaction score
Thing are kinda tough, got a baby on the way August

and im job huntin

tempted to sell my bus once its completed, after a couple of summer shows, bank some cash and import a bus from the states

but what could i get for mine????

insurance agreed value of 15k

Complete strip down and full bare metal respray
Brand new 1641 twin 34s
csp front disc conversion
Brand new full leather interior with porsche 924 seats (once complete)
american eagles with firestones all round
lowered on adjusters, 1 spline at the rear
original westy weekender interior
Im the second owner

Dont want to do it, might may have to if jib front doesnt improve in the next few months

bus112.jpg

S5000160.jpg

Cant help on value, but wouldnt you be better selling prior to the show season? someone that wants to show it might pay good money for it?
Esp. with the dollar at the moment you could import another dirt cheap.
it is a sweet bus btw 8) , have been watching your rebuild with envy.

You have to consider the merits of doing that though.
You had the OG bus, and spent a load of dollar making it as it is. If you did sell and buy old again, wouldnt you end up doing the same?
A good OG (eg. LHD Early) Westy import will avarage £6.5k this year, I predict. I cant value yours as Ive not seen it (yet) but Id guess on £10 - 11k ... (Bays do have a limit, I think)?
How much have you spent? Im guessing more than £4k? You do the math ;)

A new baby will soak up all your spare time and a lot of cash, and maybe you wont want youre most precious thing in a skanky old bus?
But, a bus is the best vehicle about for a baby .... even down to feeding and changing when youre out and about early on.

If I were you Id keep it, enjoy it and concentrate 100% on youre wife and baby for a year or so. :)
Youve a top time ahead! :)

I agree with Clem, 10 - 11k is not a bad place to start and I am sure that yours is well worth this sort of cash.

You could always test the water and check on VZI or even on here, I am sure there will be someone who looks at this site who fancies a quality bay 8) :D

Latest posts