ignition barrel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedan

Reaction score
last week couldn't turn over the key so I bought a new ignition barrel but now I can't get the old one out :?
Anyone got an idea how to pull it out :?:

thanxs

I presume that you have checked the steering lock?

Sounds silly but I had a panic years ago and thought i would be stuck in tescos for the evening! then wiggled the steering wheel and the key turned!!! i nearly wet meself laughing :lol: it had been a heavy weekend! :lol:

Some hippy forced me to pass things in a circle, weird i slept very well that evening :lol: :lol:

looked mouldy aswell :wink: :lol:

New a girl called mold once...................honestly, she was a bit grim though :lol: :lol:

i use to know a girl called pinky... that was her real name!
who the hell calls their kid "pinky"? :shock:

i just like to apologies to sedan for taking over his thread :oops:
hope its lightened your day tho! :lol:

You will find it easier to do this with the wheel off and the barrel housing removed.

You will need a piece of tough wire, i used a piece of coat hanger. Bend it so that it has a hook on the end. On the rear of the barrel there is a hole that you will need to locate with the wire.

This in turn depresses a spring that releases the barrel. Sounds easy but it is a little tricky. Look at the new barrel to work out the position of the hole on the the back.

Enough from me use this:

http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/barrel/barrel.html

Good luck,

Kev

Genchy : thanks for the link that explains it really good indeed :wink: :lol:

slammedkustom no probs that's what forums are for , for exchanging stories :D

Latest posts