Importing a bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shea

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As I said in my trading thread I'm looking at importing a bay window from the US. I don't want that thread going off track so thought I'd start a separate one up here on a few questions I have.

Does anyone have any figures on what the whole import cost them? (not including the vehicle) from what I've read people have been quoting figures from 1300 to 2100 pounds.

Also what are the best places to source them I'm looking on craigslist, ebay and the samba. Is there any others? Does anyone have any contacts out there that deal in bay windows?

Are sellers unwilling to deal with people looking to import?

How did you's go about paying a seller?

Any input would be great!
Shea.

I found mine on la samba,after a few emails n checked his history i sent a money transfer,use Mark from kingstown shipping pucker job n got my bus to felixtowe in 6 weeks n cost me roughly about £1800 plus £200 to get it to my front door in somerset oh n look for buses in california nearer to a port the better

i'm in truro nova scotia pretty much exactly an hour from the auto port. the likely hood of ytou shipping anything from canada over is pretty slim but if it does end up happening i'd be happy to do whatever i can to help you out .

threeknucklesdeep said:
i'm in truro nova scotia pretty much exactly an hour from the auto port. the likely hood of ytou shipping anything from canada over is pretty slim but if it does end up happening i'd be happy to do whatever i can to help you out .

Thanks very much for the offer! If something pops up on craigslist there I'll get in touch.

we don't really have craigslist here . our version is kijiji

http://newbrunswick.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-73-vw-camper-W0QQAdIdZ470015898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've used Kingstown Shipping in Hull a good few time's now . Really easy procedure and as above Mark is a top guy . Also try and get pictures of all usual rusty spot's on VW's it will save you a fortune in the long run , also it may well be worth paying more for a dry rust free van. Organise a lower bill of sale with seller to keep your import fee's down . Most American's are happy to do this and to this day never had problem's with Customs questioning it .Good Luck

Happy to help out with advice and yes Kingstown are the guys to use at this end, I normally contract the shipper separately as I have my own contacts, its worth doing a search via the function in the top right of the site, I just typed in 'Importing a bay' and theres 24 pages of info available.

Shipping costs depend on where it comes from Cali or Texas, how many buses in a container etc etc. but they are in the $1200-$1600 price range + getting it to the port in the first place, the US is a big place and look to pay at least a $ per mile. Costs here vary based on cost of vehicle but if you contact Mark or Alan at Kingstown Shipping they will quote you direct.

You should budget £1500-£2000 for shipping including overland costs in the US.

PS the sterling dollar rate is crap at the moment something like 1.48 which makes a huge difference in overal costs as your purchase/overland and shipping costs are all dollar based.

Latest posts