• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

IN NEED OF A GOOD WORKHORSE......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynster

Reaction score
I`m after a decent small work van preferably white , berlingo, kangoo, peugeot etc gotta be nearish to me in suffolk essex norfolk cambs area.......budget of 2k max really, lower if possible of course , needs to be diesel and at least 1500cc just for realiability.......anyone of you geezers out there know of a good garage or have someone you know selling such an item let me know asap as new job beckons and without wheels i ain`t going no-where :lol:

recommendations always welcome fellas
cheers doooders

ste ;)

out of those motors listed fella go for the peugeot partner (quicksilver) 2ltr deisel more economical than the 1.9 by a long way and more powerful plus the QS is a bit more comfortable....the Kombi is more comfortable seating position than the van on account of the bulkhead in the van being in a right bitch of a position.....

theres usually a good few to pick through ebay, Helen used hers for her courier business and racked up the miles with ease

Hi Steve
We use Kangoos at work and they seem ok as vans go, BUT they are rattly ( lots of rattles and squeaks from dash, body etc)
ours all have cd players and 2 have aircon, do not use them often myself so not sure on mpg etc but they are quiet nippy.
try victory car sales at leiston, i ve had a couple of motors from them, they normally have a few reasonably priced vans.

Dave

Steve, the council has loads of Ford Transit Connects and tbh they are wiked. Never had any problems with them and the 1.9 turbo diesel goes like hell :D plus there is loads of room in the back. I reckon you could pick up an 2002/3 for your price range.

ooro said:
I`m after a decent small work van preferably white , berlingo, kangoo, peugeot etc gotta be nearish to me in suffolk essex norfolk cambs area.......budget of 2k max really, lower if possible of course , needs to be diesel and at least 1500cc just for realiability.......anyone of you geezers out there know of a good garage or have someone you know selling such an item let me know asap as new job beckons and without wheels i ain`t going no-where :lol:

recommendations always welcome fellas
cheers doooders

ste ;)
Had loads of vans,but best i had by a mile was my berlingo,kept it 4 years never missed a beat crackin little vans them bud......

Latest posts