Indicator issues

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baxtermt

Reaction score
Hey Folks

Hope the hive mind can help,
I have replaced the wiring loom and fitted and on doing this I now find that the indicators work on the outside but there are no lights on the dash. When I pull the hazard switch they both come on when the engine is off but when the engine is running they don't. My thoughts are that it could be the hazard switch, but what are others thoughts please.

Thanks
Matt

Have you fitted LED’s for the indicator lamps in the dash pod? I chased my tail with a similar problem a while back. Fitted standard lamps on indicator lamps and all then good👍.

Have you fitted LED’s for the indicator lamps in the dash pod? I chased my tail with a similar problem a while back. Fitted standard lamps on indicator lamps and all then good👍.
Hi Matty

Thanks for replying, yes I have I'll try and sort that on Friday, just getting some new lamps off JK.

Ta

Mattys right, theres only certain lamps you can swap with LED, i think another one to avoid changing is the generator/alt lamp. I can't remember why but it might cause issues if you do.

You can buy something that goes inline to fool the car its a normal bulb but whether you feel its really worth the hassle or not I don't know.

if you search eBay for "led bulb fix" you'll see what I mean. I have a couple and one day I might spend some time on the front headlights and fit some LEDs.

Latest posts