Indicators - flashers - fuel gauge failed ! Help !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev-al

Reaction score
Dear all. Happy New Year (what a start !)
Tuesday my crew cab passed its MOT - hooray !
Today however the indicators etc as above have stopped working. Dash indicator lights come on and stay on.
I've checked all bulbs - none seem blown. I've checked the fuses and all appear good.
Thoughts anyone ? Relay packed up ? (But would it affect the fuel gauge too ?)
Many thanks in anticipation of help !
Al

I had exactly the same issue a while back.
It was the fuse.
Look very carefully at them with a strong light, it only needs a hairline crack or deterioration at the nipple ends where they touch the brass tangs to fail.

Thanks vwed
I've checked all fuses - with a multimeter so all good. Still no indicators.
I do have 12v at the + terminal on the relay, so I'm now thinking the relay is kaput.
Fingers crossed as I'm immobile now.

Had the same problem myself last year after driving in the rain. Cleaned up all the contacts on the instrument panel and the hazard switch and seemed to sort it out. I did have extention cables to my flasher relay that I removed at the same time, so not too sure what the cause was. This was all after replacing the flasher unit. My symptoms were hazards fine with ignition off. Ignition on, no fuel gauge indication, no indicators but fuel gauge going up and down in time with flasher unit, and no hazards either. Hope you get it sorted soon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Experiencing exactly the same issue, I'm assuming the relay has gone

You have to check THE double ground connections on THE back of gauge panel. I ve struggled with exactly THE same and replaced ralais connectors complete wiring to headlights, but iT only took 20 cm wire connection with proper clean chassis ground! Take à 2,5 wire while You're at it!! I was amazed, iT sorted out all problems at once!!

Latest posts