Interior panels/headlining off of ebay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pad

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone used this chap at all for panels?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Baywindow-Camper-Van-Interior-Roof-Lining-Panels-/270606854535?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f016ce987" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,
Pad

Ive been looking at those myself for my panelvan,try contacting him for some pictures maybe?

I asked him back in Feb for some pics and he said he was gonna upload some...
Guess he still hasn't then......did get his phone number at the time though :msn4:
Jason 07974976631
I ended up getting templates for the roof off here and had door panels done by Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers
Cheers
Al

T2georgie said:
I bought both interior panels and headlining panels :(
All the holes are out on the interior panels :evil: - haven't tried the headliner yet

If these are reproductions of the originals the holes won't line up, they are offset due to the style of clip originally fitted.

you can get the original style clips from heritage and JK - I got mine from both.
Don't forget the rubber bungs either ....
They are an absolute bugger to fit tho. I've been meaning to post how I did mine but basically a tip:
1) make sure the holes are big enough on the panels - you may need to widen them. I did with a round file
This was the JK sliding door panel that I had to modify!
img_%20179.jpg

2) start with the top holes and work your way around

3) get a wooden skewer and put it through the hole and into the door before putting the clip on. You can then see what angle you need the clips (they will all be different):
img_%20194.jpg

I had some hardboard left over so used the single original door panel I've got and made a template. This shows how the angles are all different:
img_%20195.jpg

4) get almost double the amount you think you need as the clips break very easily if you've not got it lined up properly. The first panel I fitted I think I broke 1/2 at least!

Good luck!

When i eventually get round to it i'm getting the panels from Custom & Commercial, heard these are a very good fit and reasonably priced

Latest posts