Mission impossible?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikki James

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody recognise the early bay Devon interior in this link, or better still does anyone own a bus with the same interior? I need info on the sliders that the two wooden single seat slot into, as I need to find some and don't have a clue what they look like?!?!? I know this is going to be a bit of a challenge so any help will be gratefully received!! ;-)

http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/earlybaybob/slideshow/interior" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers all

Rikki.

Here you go Rikki. (Pm the owner/seller dude, maybe he can help.)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68997&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Rikki ,
It's been ages since we last chatted I use to help big Ron treen from Devon with his stall
At many shows and met you through him, anyway I have a pair of the said sliders your mission
You talk of I have only just sourced found stumbled on them off eBay by chance for my Devon seats, so not for sale but if your at volksword show I'd be more than happy to bring them along to look at measure drooled over if it's any help dude ?
Let me know as there not fitted so happy to pop them in my bag for you.
All the best .

Adie

Myvanway said:
I remember the bus coming up on here for sale a while back. Minus the interior, coz I thought the same as most..... Cool as f$ck! 8)
Bus or interior? ;-)

Myvanway said:
Here you go Rikki. (Pm the owner/seller dude, maybe he can help.)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68997&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks but no luck on that front.

budbay6 said:
Hi Rikki ,
It's been ages since we last chatted I use to help big Ron treen from Devon with his stall
At many shows and met you through him, anyway I have a pair of the said sliders your mission
You talk of I have only just sourced found stumbled on them off eBay by chance for my Devon seats, so not for sale but if your at volksword show I'd be more than happy to bring them along to look at measure drooled over if it's any help dude ?
Let me know as there not fitted so happy to pop them in my bag for you.
All the best .

Adie

Hiya Adie... Yes it has!! How jammy are you, what a find! Yes if you could take them to the Volksworld show that would be most helpful (I'll get the beers in) ....and I'll try not to dribble on them ;-)

PS got any pix? ;-)

mainly moonraker interior. mine had one of the seats that slid back and forth and the seat back turned around plus over head locker, wardrobe and rear seat base

Yep, what Hogseye said.

I remember in my Grandads Early Devon Moonraker (J Reg Bay) he had the same sliders on the seat behind the Drivers seat.
You could take the backrest out and put it into the front of the seat so that you could face forward or backwards, the seat would then slide back/forth to give you the necessary leg room.
The other side of the cab, behind the passenger seat was where the swing out cooker lived.

If another set become available, I'd be grateful for a heads up too.

Hiya Rikki,
I'm good ta been manic here at mo so might not get a chance for pics but have them in my
Workshop that I can pick up bring with me to sandown , so your more than welcome to take some pics then if you want ha ha see ya there beers in hand can't miss you I'm only there Saturday only dude !

Adie

I'm sure I saw a mint one of these in a Crossover at Carry on Dubbing a couple of years ago. It was a couple in their senior years that owned it (no offence meant if you are reading this :? ). The gent showed me the reverse seating position.

Another cool factor about this interior is that it works for a rhd or lhd bus! ;-) Just got to work out how to make up the full width bed (if you can)?

Rikki

I've got a set from my danbury which i took out when it was restored a few years ago and never put back, so you're welcome to them
I've also got a new interior which I've yet to pick up and fit from sjs vw camperinteriors but it means the original interior will be taken out, have yet to decide if i'll keep it but i expect not
i'll be at volksworld on the sunday as my van will be on the spaceroofs stand who are transforming it from a tintop to a poptop and want to display it, sacrilege I know but having got it all sorted over the last 9 years at great expense, I was loathe to start all over again
pic of the runners

pic of the interior

Gerry

Latest posts