Interior plans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

froggy

Reaction score
I know this has probably been covered numerous times, and i've tried the search function before you all ask, but what is the best wood to use for interiors?
I intend to keep pretty much the same sort of interior i have now but it needs some major work so i figure its going to be easier to break it down and use the parts as templates, instead of a 3/4 rear bench that parts get added to to make a bed i'm going to fit a R&R, the colapsable table (used to make the bed) will be replaced with a skim board table and fixed leg etc etc.
Have heard there is a new type of flat board that most people use now instead of MDF, any ideas on what is called and where to get some?
Is there any plans available incase i decide to completey change the interior? I've seen some advertised on ebay, any good?

I made an interior using 18mm veneered mdf (I had some in stock) and it was nice but stupidly heavy

We're moving seats etc about to fit seatbelts and so I used 8mm cabinet makers birch ply and softwood internal framing, its much lighter, and feels more in keeping

It did take longer to make but I like it

cheers

Seb

Marine Ply and then covered is the best :mrgreen:

Latest posts