Interior retrim - recommendations please!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiDev

Reaction score
I'm getting the bus re-trimmed this winter, I'm after the front seats, rear 3/4 rock and roll bed cushions and all door cards and panels done in a single colour vinyl with piping. So far I have had 2 quotes:
Delilah's came in at around £1000
B&D came in at around £700

Who have you used and have you been happy?

I used one company who no longer is trading to carry out my original trim of my bus, when I had it restored I chaged the interior layout and wanted a complete set of interior cards.

I used Delihahs for the cards and new cushion for mine.

All I can say is you get what yo upay for. The initial company was cheaper and I was quite happy with it. But it was only when I collected my new cards and cushion I realised the difference.

Personlly I would go with Delihahs.

I used http://www.cubecamperupholstery.co.uk/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they were great.

I also went Delilah's. Very pleased with fit and finish but also customer service when Parcelforce damaged in transit.

I've used Concept Poptops in Poole, http://conceptpoptops.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; really happy with the quality.

Mickey Sam said:
Delilah's for me to, very friendly and very helpful

This all day long, excellent service and quailty work. you get what you pay for so use your money wisely. Delilahs every time :mrgreen: 8)

is said:
Will ask my mate for you Bud ;)

Cheers Dave, price would be useful too, after a similar thing to you as far as material and colour go.

Si there is a small place in Wye that does foams they repaired my upholstery when I ripped it.

Or Dougy at OG bus works I Ashford knows a fella that's got his own business doing upholstery locally.

I can text you Doug's number if you would like it

Pete

Surprised noone has recommended them yet, but I used Pete at Bromsgrove Auto Trim. They've contributed to many magazine cover features. Not the cheapest and last I heard they had a massive wait list, but as others have said...you get what you pay for!

They do both run of the mill and custom stuff. I visited them one Saturday morning just to chat through some ideas with Pete. He took nearly 2hrs out of his time to run through my ideas outlining, what was possible, what wasnt possible, and how we could work around the ideas that werent possible. There was no commitment at this stage so it could have evidently been 2hrs of his saturday wasted. However, the service was so good, that I was more than happy for him to carry out an awesome job!

http://www.bromsgroveautotrim.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the Upholstery they did for me
LaurensParsonsPhotography-114_zps75c49927.jpg

LaurensParsonsPhotography-88_zps960901fa.jpg

LaurensParsonsPhotography-99_zpsc3b9cd0a.jpg

LaurensParsonsPhotography-119_zps4a577852.jpg

Latest posts