interior troubles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dormbay

Reaction score
hey people. i revamped my interior in my 68 dormobile bay and i re did all my interior panels in a cream coloured vinyl. my question is what makes it stick to the wood ? i made all the panels myself out of thin mdf and ive tried everything so far from glues/ spray glue etc etc and it still comes off in the heat. what do you people use ? its really annoying me and there dont seem to be anything on the market thats heat resistant for the summer. even carpet glue wont stick it :( . help :? . cheers :D .

Have you tried coating your MDF panels in PVA glue first - this should provide a good key for any adhesives you're going to use. Personally I'd try a contact adhesive, but make sure it's gone off completely before you try to stick the vinyl on.

;)

Yes mate contact should do it.But like the guy said make sure its cured first.Or if you have enough of a overlap get some good double sided tape to fold onto(if you see what i mean)

we used the spray on glue and then a staple gun on the rear of the panels

worked well :D

Latest posts