Intermittent wipe for less than a tenner!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this!

You got me thinking now, I might look in to perhaps replacing the standard switch with a three way rotary with positions for intermittant, slow and fast wipes. Of course, this would mean having a seperate wash button but I could wire this up with another delay circuit that could run the wipers for say 5 sweeps then shut off once you have finished pressing the wash button.

Thanks! :D

:)

Do people actually use the fast setting? :lol: I hate using it and tbh, if the weather warrants fast setting I'll take the lovely safe, servo assisted, traction control enabled, variable wiper speed Alfa Mito :lol:

Yeah, I have done in the past, admittedly not very often. I would hate to be caught out in heavy rain and not be able to see where I was going.

madman said:
Yeah, I have done in the past, admittedly not very often. I would hate to be caught out in heavy rain and not be able to see where I was going.

Yeah fair enough I suppose, I think I'd just pull over in that instance for 10 minutes, I can see the for and against! If there was a 3 position wiper switch I'd change mine for that but I'll keep it this was for now :)

I've driven my '71 on a motorway through storms where the faster speed wasn't enough either :shock:

dubdubz said:
jonboylaw said:
I use a manual intermittent switch, have managed to retain slow and fast settings and also fitted an electric pump and switch in the original wash/wipe switch. Works fine for me.

details please Jon

I am presuming he has it fitted to the 'slow' wire to control the current going to the motor on the switch so you either have:

Slow, Fast, Uber Fast / Push a button / Intermittent, Fast, Uber Fast.

I am just guessing though. :satanlook:

Details would be great buddy.... :poke:

jonboylaw said:
I use a manual intermittent switch, have managed to retain slow and fast settings and also fitted an electric pump and switch in the original wash/wipe switch. Works fine for me.

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

missed this word

manual

I thought that with the fancy pants MJ that you had also rigged something clever with your wiper

:lol:

Nahhh, to be honest, I quite prefer the manual way as you can use just the number of strokes you need to clear the screen and not end up making squeaky noises with the wiper blades.

BTW the MJ is going great guns !

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

I'd be happy to sort out the basics of my wipers, no auto park so have to stop them when at bottom of the screen. Any ideas appreciated!

Latest posts