iphone 5

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5erge said:
£50!

You can get the phone from 3, upfront cost £99, then £36 a month for unlimited data.

Des

Cough * £36 * Cough
Cough * Unlimited Data * Cough

:mrgreen: 3 have pretty good reception in London mind.

Des

Different situation, I'm not interested in having the latest, greatest phone, my 3GS does more than I know and that doesn't bother me.
Had a 24 month contract which included home broadband but that has ended so now have a SIM only deal meaning 300 mins, unlimited texts and 500 whatevers of data for £10.50 a month. A bit better than the £36 plus a month it was, the scheming cheating b'stards.
Have gone to BT for Infinity broadband and a You View box, due to be installed on 03rd December for not very much money at all, overall should end up about £20 a month better off in my pocket but with more 'stuff'. 8)

My two eldest have iphone 3g's covered on the bank account and I got my Samsung SII covered too. 2 free with extra phones at £4.99 per month.
If you're gonna spend any time in London especially Camden, Islington, City or Westminster areas get the thing insured cos there's a chance some erksome little oik will want it and they just snatch them out of your hand and run/cycle/ride off on a stolen scooter and you're left with that 'f*ck me, I've just been robbed' kind of feeling!
The immediate reaction is to reach for your phone and call Police! :shock:
Of course, you have to grab the nearest person who has a 'non smart phone' and ask them to call the 'Po Po' instead.
By the time we get there the little twat who stole your phone has usually sold it to the nearest 'Unlock your phone here!' shop for a pretty packet and is on his way to JD sports to buy some new NIKE AIR!

That's my experience anyway. Obviously not everyone has their iphone stolen in London, mostly girls and students, but it's all down to whether you're willing to take a risk and the environment you usually find yourself in.

iphone users reading this far, download the free 'find my iphone' app. Only works if the phone is on, but it can be useful and is pretty accurate.
I like my (£27 a month) Samsung SII, but it's just gone a bit wrong! Google, here I come!

I spend a fair amount of time around Camden and see that sort of thing, usually on tourists unfortunately. I dont think anyone wants to risk trying to steel a 6ft 2 skinheads whos built like brick shithouses phone :lol: i do however take precauations :shock: and dont wear by Dre beats about, just the normal in ear jobbies and black if possible (not the classic iphone white) it just cuts down on the risk element.
:fighting0030:

easy said:
I spend a fair amount of time around Camden and see that sort of thing, usually on tourists unfortunately. I dont think anyone wants to risk trying to steel a 6ft 2 skinheads whos built like brick shithouses phone :lol: i do however take precauations :shock: and dont wear by Dre beats about, just the normal in ear jobbies and black if possible (not the classic iphone white) it just cuts down on the risk element.

:lol:
I did hear of one off duty fireman having his snatched! The little toe rag didn't see the off duty copper who witnessed it!
When they quickly caught him I believe a good helping of summary justice was dealt out! :lol:
Stay safe dude 8)
BTW Camden is the safest London borough, just has a small iphone snatch problem!

Dubs, I'd try and get a bit more off your monthly bill, seems a bit steep to me.

I have all my stuff second hand or the cheapest I can get. There are 3 thing's on my life that must be branded.
My camper: Early Bay
My phone: Apple
My crisp's: Walkers

I had my iPhone 4 stolen last week, it's insured through my bank account which costs around £15 a month with the usual break down cover, travel ins etc. however, there is a £100 excess charge for I phones wether it be theft , loss or just damage. That is ridiculous!! Halifax are pricks!

easy said:

Yeah but what about when the 6ft 2 skinheads whos built like a brick shithouse cant go to camden with you. :)