Is £60 a month a good price for a lock up?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giraffeinbath

Reaction score
1/4 of a barn, big enough to fit the bus + squeeze my bug in next to it and have a bit of space left to do some work.

£60 a month seems like quite a lot of cash but it's just at the top of my road and with no garage or off road parking I don't have much option but to rent somewhere and I'm not going to find anything more convenient.

Just wondered if any of you guys are renting anything similar to gauge whether this sounds expensive or whether I should bite his arm off.

giraffeinbath said:
1/4 of a barn, big enough to fit the bus + squeeze my bug in next to it and have a bit of space left to do some work.

£60 a month seems like quite a lot of cash but it's just at the top of my road and with no garage or off road parking I don't have much option but to rent somewhere and I'm not going to find anything more convenient.

Just wondered if any of you guys are renting anything similar to gauge whether this sounds expensive or whether I should bite his arm off.

I used to pay £10 a week just for storage for one car and was 10 miles from home so i think £60 a month is bloody good.

Sounds good to me - especially if the owner is happy for you to work your van there - it's always worth offering a little less though (say, £50 p/m), he might just say yes!!

My local council offered me a garage recently, it was tiny (I'd have struggled to get my wife's Micra in there), no light, no power - all for about what you've been asked for - I'd take it if I were you! 8)

;)

Justin & Mutley said:
it's always worth offering a little less though (say, £50 p/m), he might just say yes!!

;)

Initially he said £80 which is genuinely more then I could justify, £60 I can live with to keep the bug and bus out the rain and give me somewhere to tinker.

giraffeinbath said:
Justin & Mutley said:
it's always worth offering a little less though (say, £50 p/m), he might just say yes!!

;)

Initially he said £80 which is genuinely more then I could justify, £60 I can live with to keep the bug and bus out the rain and give me somewhere to tinker.

Fair enough, sounds like a done deal to me!!

If you go for it post up some pics so we can all be jealous!!

;)

Im just about to take on a new place which is £200 between two of us. Id take it!

Cheers all, Thanks for the feedback, I'll be calling him tomorrow to move the van in asap :D

If there is free power there, then it doesn't sound bad.

My bug is in a council lockup 25 miles away with no power for £30 pm. There is room for only 1 car & a few spares.

I am paying £15 a week to dry store my van for a year, on axle stands and they will start the van up every 3 months.

so that price for 2 cars is a bargain. I have a container ( was gonna store van in there, but i have too much other stuff) which is £80 a month.

I live in South East London and I have just stumped up £75 per month for a single garage, paid quarterly in advance - so it sound like a very good deal to me!

I am fairly pleased with mine, it is narrow(ish) but long and easily tall enough to get the pop top bus in, it is in a private gated mews and has water and pay as you go electric. Expect much welding and swearing in the vicinity of Dulwich in the foreseeable future... :lol:

I pay a quid a day to leave my mini in a neighbours garage. i cant work in their but its safe and dry.

I hope to find a bigger garage/barn to rent in the spring to do some work on the bay. I just need some luck now.

Latest posts