Is this in early or late bay front headlamp?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth11

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone tell me if this is an early bay or later front headlamp please? If you need pics of a specific part of the light, please let me know. These are what I have for now. We need to replace them and we don't know what we should be buying!

The only other thing I have been told to add is that the headlamp ring has only one screw hole....

P7091756Resized.jpg

P7091757Resized.jpg

P7091758Resized.jpg

Thanks
Ruth

moler said:
Late bay, and fitted to earlybay imports from the US :)

Thanks - makes sense as ours is a US import early bay! :)

Now, hubby says what is he supposed to do about our side lights?! They're in the indicators so shine orange... (Have no idea how this thing got an MOT when it first got here, but we need to get another one soon, hence trying to get it right!)

If you source some late bay headlights that aren't a sealed beam, they should have provision for a side light :)

moler said:
If you source some late bay headlights that aren't a sealed beam, they should have provision for a side light :)

Cool, thanks. :)

OLIVE-BAY said:
on our 68 import we have two bulbs in our indicator/sidelights just changed the relevant ones to white bulbs...simples :lol: oh and sealed beams are a tenner branded new 8)

Hmm... that sounds too easy. Wonder why my hubby asked that if it's that easy?! I will investigate - when he gets out of bed!
Thanks

ruth11 said:
OLIVE-BAY said:
on our 68 import we have two bulbs in our indicator/sidelights just changed the relevant ones to white bulbs...simples :lol: oh and sealed beams are a tenner branded new 8)

Hmm... that sounds too easy. Wonder why my hubby asked that if it's that easy?! I will investigate - when he gets out of bed!
Thanks

sometimes the obvious is just overlooked :roll:

Right, hubby woke up and confirmed that we don't have 2 bulbs in our indicators. And our lenses are actually orange.

Apparently to replace those for clear 2 bulb versions is more expensive and more hassle than switching to the 2 bulb headlamp, so it looks like that's what we'll do.

Thanks for all the help :)

Latest posts