Its Arrived !!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a sad day in the chico house
with lots of bloody.... old.... rubbish... stupid ....bloody.... and lots of words in-between not suitable for forums !

but moaning about it wasn't going to help

It needed stripping to investigate

Seized on crank number two , so needed at least crank regrind bearings , but case is apart so.... measure everything / start again / look for a new one?

A Plan was hatched
MattP came up with a vege in pieces , so I was about to become an engine builder !

Thought I might as. well go slightly bigger

case was opened out and tapped for oil filter

Mahle 90.5 forged , match weighted

Coming Along

Left over High Temp Paint from wood burner

Put my name on it

Gearbox off cut for start up rig generously donated by cog box . Thank you

Ready for start up / run in

I think the term is squeaky bum time !!!

And it was squeaking !
Wont let me upload start up vid for some reason but its on the photo bucket page , if you want to see .

It all went well but my heart was in my mouth , I felt sick as a pig , but was a great feeling when it didn't rattle itself apart !

Time for the twins

Time to get it in the van

Moustache bar issues , you can probably see its slightly tipsy ( pissed)

Vs Exhaust to brighten things up

Hangers are the issue , they've been "manipulated " but really need cutting out and new put in

Was getting a lot of heat transfer from exhaust

my rear valance is part metal original (rear part) front is fabricated , note the late bay engine seal as no channel for correct one and gap
not right , late bay one works a treat though .

heat shield installed( stuck on) has helped massively but silly expensive for what it is

I aslo installed industrial tinware , above J tubes/below pushrods with heatshield as well

First run out I got Robbo down in his 23 window to ride shotgun .
Done approx 4 miles stalled it , didn't want to start , but did in the end , stopped for 15 minutes as was really hot . ( the engine not me )
I felt sick , proper schoolboy nervous sick excited , can't really explain it , Robbo was laughing at me , I just wanted to throw up !!
Oil Pressure light was on dipstick hot , but got home and all was well , even though I was nursing it low reviving , had so much more power !
but that was that for the day , Beer!!! was needed .

Then after too many beers found these on ebay !
Needed a clean up but came up nice

Got wheels and rear bumper back from paint shop

Forgot to show oil filter for those that like that kind of thing !

Roof rack painted up ready for assembly

All fitted

Made Volksworld again , but again brake issues ! , both fronts binding ,newcallipers fitted when I got back

Back working again , small painting job , doing what it was supposed to do .

still looking for if someone has one , just the insert will do , but a 2 pull switch and insert !

fuel leak issue

resolved

What was my wiring "loom"

So kept having random break downs , was driving me divvy .
broke down on A3 60 mph road no hard shoulder , not sure how the van (or I survived was really dodgy

Posted a few questions both here and the samba ,
consensus was something in fuel tank
so.......
engine out again ( although its much easier now , ands doest faze me at all )

Tank Out

Debris inside tank , gauze filter had broken away

However , Something stuck inside tank and curled up , had welded itself next to outlet

the offending article , seems to be a bit of a plastic bottle wrapper ! Bloody thing has driven me mad with fuel starvation / random break downs that then clear themselves . touch wood all has been fine since removed .

Love it! Colour is awesome too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts