jacking torsion arms???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alzy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello im a newbie! :D

I have recently put my front beam back into my 72 dormobile after sourcing a second hand one and rebuilding it.

I have bolted the top of the hub into the top ball joint but canot seem to raise it enought so it`ll locate to the bottom one. The jack starts to move under the weight/pressure (as im on a slight slope) or it starts to slip!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alex :lol:

Always jack up your bus on a level surface! I know it doesn't help you much now but it does make sense for those reasons. Try using a trolley jack instead and chock the wheels if it moves!

Good luck, stay safe!

;)

at the moment the bus is supported by four axle stands at the front and the rear wheels are chocked and left in gear. It is a pain but my drive is on a slight slope.

The trolley jack im using is on wheels and this ismaking it slip.
At the moment im jacking off the bottom of the spindle bout would i be better raising the jackand jacking from the top arm?

Cheers

Alex :D

I can only imagine that using the top arm would be more tricky!

If you haven't got adjusters on just one set of torsion leaves the resistance should be about the same for both - after all, they should be under the same amount of tension (torsion) - if you've got adjusters fitted it will almost certainly be worth fiddling with them/it to aid you. Remember, this part of your bus is designed to take a huge amount of weight (with springing) and so will not be forgiving on your fingers if it slips - I once used a VW mechanic with missing digits because of this very problem! Persevere (with caution) - you'll get there in the end!

;)

I dont fancy the idea of loosing fingers :shock: but can see how it could happen!!! :idea:

Thanks for the help and ill see what happens over the next few days.

Why is it that once you seemed to have cracked a problem another gives a hearty slap in the chops :roll: :wink: :wink:

Cheers

Alex

Alzy said:
IWhy is it that once you seemed to have cracked a problem another gives a hearty slap in the chops :roll: :wink: :wink:

Cheers

Alex
Welcome to real life :shock:

Latest posts