Just collected our new van!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
Hi we are new to this forum, and thought we'd share our new buy with you! Here it is, a 71 dormobile. Bit of a shitter at the moment admittedly but we can weld :) We know what we plan to do with it...we'll add pictures as we go.

Attachments

• DSC01545.JPG
    DSC01545.JPG
    146 KB
  • DSC01547.JPG
    143.2 KB
Interesting.

What sort of mpg should you get from that then?

Welcome aboard by the way. :)

cooling system is 2 radiators located where the centre belly pan would be. 2 scoops over them for protection and for direction of air flow. However....we need to have a good think about the radiators positioning as they might be in the way a bit when it comes to lowering it!! got a bit to learn now that this one is wee cooled! as there's six other air cooled vehicles (2 bugs, 4 vans) in the family.

Radiators aren't clear in the pic but it might give you some idea

Attachments

• DSC01557.JPG
    140.8 KB
Ha !
so i see the first pics and think... its okay , bit to do perhaps.

then you say "got a golf dielsel engine!"
Wham ! i wasnt expecting that !! :lol:

cool looking van, good luck !

deano_dinosaur said:
Ha !
so i see the first pics and think... its okay , bit to do perhaps.

then you say "got a golf dielsel engine!"
Wham ! i wasnt expecting that !! :lol:

:lol: Indeed!

But good luck with your van!

Well I sold my other van this weekend and she is leaving on saturday, so now we can start buying some panels and different bits that we need.

We will be fitting a rag top soon so the dormobile roof will be for sale shortly, the material bit is spotless with no tears at all. We won't be needing the bunks either and we do have an original interior, albeit it slightly scruffy. Let us know if there's anything you are interested in!

Think there's a few quids worth of panels to order now!

Here's the van I've just sold :)

Attachments

• DSC01465.JPG
    DSC01465.JPG
    156.6 KB

Latest posts