Just sent off my registration documents

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5erge

Reaction score
As most of you are aware now the DVLA are closing down all local offices so you now have to complete your registration document and submit direct to Swansea.

Hopefully I have covered everything and they will turnaround in 5-7 working days, so with a bit of luck I should be experiencing the joys of driving an EB in two weeks time. I'm praying they don't want to inspect my vehicle though.

Des

make sure that any paper work you send them is not something you need back they normally throw everything after your number plate is issued ie historic confirmation from Volkswagen in Milton keens or a birth certificate from vw heritage no relation to the parts people they tried to throw all these papers away which cost me 80.00 pound had to throw a few ffffs into them to get them back good luck oh if they need to inspect don't exspect the brain of Britain to turn up they asked me where the chassis number was told him on the log book oh ok passed I pissed myself this was for my splitscreen :lol:

Well, I tracked my documents and the RM confirm it has been delivered.

Let's see how long they take from now :?

Des

As mentioned above DVLA have NEVER returned any of the original documents with all of the buses I've registered they are not obliged too, I always take scans of the US title, HMRC docs etc as a record and in case they get lost.

Handy when your mates neighbour works for the DVLA, gave her my documents and got registration in 2 days. No inspection. Bought her some chocolates :D

Lee

Have just phoned DVLA as now 3 weeks since I sent my documents off, been told that they are processed and returned 14 days after the requested registration date, I put 1st of September as seemed logical but in hindsight should have put 1st August. Should have back by 14th. :)

genie45 said:
Have just phoned DVLA as now 3 weeks since I sent my documents off, been told that they are processed and returned 14 days after the requested registration date, I put 1st of September as seemed logical but in hindsight should have put 1st August. Should have back by 14th. :)

Well, I put my requested reg date of 1st Sept, so in theory should get them back same time as you, here's hoping anyway.

Des

Any joy with your regos yet?
Did you get a 63 number?
I'll be going through this soon too.

Any tips or recommendations?

Did you call and request a registration pack?

70-CA-Panel said:
Any joy with your regos yet?
Did you get a 63 number?
I'll be going through this soon too.

Any tips or recommendations?

Did you call and request a registration pack?

Yeah they did a good job, turned it round after a week )

63 plate! No, it is age related so a J plate.

Des

Sweet! Congrats! You got to be stoked now to be finally driving it!!

Sorry I have no clue about age plates, but sounds good it's not a 63.
What will a 1970 be?

Cheers

Happy driving!

A

70-CA-Panel said:
Sweet! Congrats! You got to be stoked now to be finally driving it!!

Sorry I have no clue about age plates, but sounds good it's not a 63.
What will a 1970 be?

Cheers

Happy driving!

A

H

Almost 2 months after getting my bus MOT'd I am still without number plates

1st application was rejected due to the insurance not being valid for road use (the Ins company told me I could not insure it for road use until I had the plates or I totally misunderstood... ;) so I accept responsibility for this)

2nd application was rejected for no US title document ( Seems they lost it and admitted so as knew it had been in the 1st application else would have been rejected for that reason.

3rd application I HAVE rejected as returned as a S Reg even though year of manufacture is 1970 which is also on the log book

So from my limited experience my advice would be to make copies of all documents before sending off and accept that there maybe silly mistakes made due to the huge amount of staff that have been recruited at Swansea to cope with the increased demand.

genie45 said:
Almost 2 months after getting my bus MOT'd I am still without number plates

1st application was rejected due to the insurance not being valid for road use (the Ins company told me I could not insure it for road use until I had the plates or I totally misunderstood... ;) so I accept responsibility for this)

2nd application was rejected for no US title document ( Seems they lost it and admitted so as knew it had been in the 1st application else would have been rejected for that reason.

3rd application I HAVE rejected as returned as a S Reg even though year of manufacture is 1970 which is also on the log book

So from my limited experience my advice would be to make copies of all documents before sending off and accept that there maybe silly mistakes made due to the huge amount of staff that have been recruited at Swansea to cope with the increased demand.

If you have paid for postage to/from the DVLA for the 2nd and third rejection then the DVLA should compensate you. Unfortunately it is pretty much a lottery who you get at the DVLA, I guess I was lucky. The only positive you can take from this is that they do not want to inspect your bus, that really would be a pain in the arse.

Des

Hi Des,

Yes you are right about the postage, has cost me £8 each time.

When it passed its MOT in mid August I honestly thought we would get away in it before the summer was over, roll on next summer :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2 months since passing its MOT my bus has today been issued the correct age related plates, was actually beginning to believe this day would never come.

Motivation has now been restored.

genie45 said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

2 months since passing its MOT my bus has today been issued the correct age related plates, was actually beginning to believe this day would never come.

Motivation has now been restored.

Nice one 8) Gonna take mine out to pick the wife up from work seeing as it's nice and sunny today.

Des

Latest posts