Just what i DIDNT need

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
Arrived today in the post.......................... :shock:

A speeding fine, dated Friday 13th of all days. Bloody skint as well and got a clean licence. Now £60 down and 3 points.
40 in a 30 zone so no excuse but in my defence your honour it was on a long strech of B road and not really a built up area.
They changed the speed limit a few years ago from 40 to 30 and then put up a camera, apparently its Exeters best money maker. Ive been through it a 1000 times and never been done so i think they turn it on and off to get you into a false sense of security. Oh well shit happens. Never expected to get a fine while driving my Bus....................... :cry:

Could have been worse - I got my points in a '96 Punto van, at least you did it in style. :wink:

i was caught on the first day they introduced points here, a hidden mobile camera no less, which i believe is illegal now? :x

its a bummer, but at least it doesnt add to your insurance, 3 points is perfectly ok now.

i got 3 points driving my old bay on New years day, doing 57 in a 30 :shock: It was a incorrectly placed sign on a dual carridgeway slip road :evil: and took so long to contest etc (even after the speed camera was removed!!) that it wasnt worth the hassle. All clean now apart from a got caught doing 34 in a 30 last year and i had to do a naughty boy 1 day driving course, but it did keep me from having 3 points on me licence :mrgreen:

Slow is the new fast :wink:

I got caught by a camera in Nth Wales, they gave me the option of a 3 hour course but wouldnt let me do it locally,and I live in Cornwall. I paid the the fine because the cost of a round trip would have been a lot more,had a clean licence for over 30 years.Gutted.

Well get this

Last Sept in the camper on the way back from a week in Rockley Sands, coming out of Poole I went through the lights as they turned....................2 weeks later I get the sumonds thru the door, so I write back saying yes its my bus but I dont know the driver and ask for proof. They sent back a picture ect ect, after 2 more letters of me asking 4 proof i hear nothing until April this year, a court date! Anyways i got 6 points £400 fine for failing to ID a driver!!!

Live n learn :lol:

Oh well, shit happens. :(

I got stopped in my bus just after the Avonmouth bridge on the M5, about 8 years ago.
The traffic cop said that the radar gun had clocked me at 91mph! :shock:
I said that my bus would only go that fast if I'd dropped it off the side of the bridge.
Asked for the equipment to be checked and when it was last calibrated, and that I'd go to court to fight the ticket. Eventually got a letter saying sorry for the inconvenience.

sparkywig said:
Oh well, shit happens. :(

I got stopped in my bus just after the Avonmouth bridge on the M5, about 8 years ago.
The traffic cop said that the radar gun had clocked me at 91mph! :shock:
I said that my bus would only go that fast if I'd dropped it off the side of the bridge.
Asked for the equipment to be checked and when it was last calibrated, and that I'd go to court to fight the ticket. Eventually got a letter saying sorry for the inconvenience.

:lol: Too cool.

Johnny said:
its a bummer, but at least it doesnt add to your insurance, 3 points is perfectly ok now.

The second driver having three points on my daily driver's insurance knocked up the premium by over £50 - I must be with the wrong insurance company!

i got banned for totting 12 points up as a young lad. only 3 of them were actually gained from driving. the first three were for parking on a zig zag line on boxing day this misserable bugger. then i got 6 points for parking an uninsured car outside my house as i had it parked of road but it kept getting broke into. the i got the last 3 going about 90 in a 40 at about two in the morning. as a plus side it was while i was banned that i bought and did up my beetle and planted the vw seed in my head it was about the only thing i could get insured on at 20 with a ban.

We can all count ourselves lucky, just read in the paper today about some guy whos wife got caught on a fixed camera, he was a professor of physics and tried to explain how the camera was wrong using complex equasions becasue the camera was located on a bend.

He lost the case, appealed and lost his appeal. His legal bills are £20,000 :shock: . All for a £60 and 3 points :eek:

Latest posts