Kadrons.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelighttaxidriver

Reaction score
Somewhat to my surprise, I've won a complete set of kadron 40's. Not received them yet, & looking for tips on what to check for. Have looked at a previous thread about them, & wondering what the jet sizes should be for 1600tp...? Saw a suggestion for reducing standard fuel pump pressure by adding height with gaskets. Any ideas for a starting number to put me in the right area..? Will get a rebuild kit, & see if I have standard or better linkage. Anything else I should be looking for..?
Many thanks... :)

http://Www.lowbugget.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; all you need to know about kadrons ;)

Chris

Just had a quick look at that link. Spot on. Looks like everything I need. Thank you...
Sparkywig... You've been spot on with advice in the past, so will order one when they arrive. Nice one all... :)

Is there a specific in line pressure reducer to use with a mechanical pump..? The one I've seen on ssp says for electric pumps. What sort of pressure does a standard mechanical pump put out? Lowbugget says kadrons like about 1.5psi....
Got my carbs yesterday. Surprisingly good order, and with an aftermarket linkage too.... :)

I've got one of these fitted.

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/fuel-pressure-regulator-kit-adjusts-fuel-pressure-to-prevent-carb-needle-seat-damage-j13370.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once again to the rescue... :) That's the one I was looking at, but wasn't sure because it said for electric pumps, but if it works for you, then good enough for me! Many thanks :)

Fitted them today. To my utter amazement it started after some persuasion... :) Running a bit lumpy, with a bit of a cough back up through the top of the left carb. Sounds more like a missing or weak spark though. No fuel smell whatsoever.... :)
Called in for dinner like a child now, so that's it for the day.... :)

Just one thing.... Used fabric gaskets for the manifolds to heads. After at least ten minutes of running, both manifolds were still stone cold, with condensation. The original manifolds had metal gaskets. Should I have used these instead, to allow heat to transfer upwards better, and so reduce the fuel vapour condensing...?

Latest posts