Keep Sakes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been having a bit of a tidy up and was looking for something. This is just some of the contents of my bedside cabinet drawer. Why have I kept all this stuff?
IMG_4530.jpegThere’s a bells hip flask that’ll never be opened or used and still in its sealed cellophane. To the right is a real genuine one ounce gold ingot that has gone a funny colour :rolleyes: below that is a couple of five pound coins and a sixpence with some old pennies and below them is a Barbados dollar, like I’ll be needing that some time soon :unsure: In front of the bells box is an old three penny bit next to one solitary cuff link that came with my first grown up shirt with fold back cuffs that I bought as an apprentice, the collar looked similar to a Harrier jump jet. Then back left is an engraved silver pen ? And a custom made and engraved wooden pen then a couple of tie clips along with two pairs of ‘ complete ‘ cuff link sets then two tie studs in wonderful artificial gold colouring. I’ve maybe got one long sleeved shirt that gets worn with cuff links and maybe a tie, perhaps twice a decade at most ? Four of many more wrist watches and a fob watch, a Seiko, a Lexus, a Pulsar, etc . Somewhere in amongst my other.stashes of valuable items is a timed watch that is supposedly the first commercially available battery powered watch from 1968-70 ish . But prizes for what is near the left hand bottom corner ???

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,First Prize Is a bottle of Stella, second prize is a bag of crisps :)

I'm glad my bedside cabinet draw is not different to others. Rammed with concert tickets, festival wristbands, pin badges, and all manner of stuff I can't get rid of.

I'm glad my bedside cabinet draw is not different to others. Rammed with concert tickets, festival wristbands, pin badges, and all manner of stuff I can't get rid of.

Let’s not get into garages shall we.

IMG_3313.jpegYou can see where I’ve raised the door and added to it a couple of years back. There’s all sorts of rubbish plastered on that garage door.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,And Wiggy wins a prize ,, crisps or Stella bud :)

They're collar tips to go on your line dancing shirt.
Many moons ago, up at the Post Office Tavern, was an antipidian reimport reprobate that thought Wrangler denim shirts and Wrangler cowboy shirts teamed up well with Wrangler cowboy boots and drainpipe Levi jeans and jacket all topped off with silver plated (maybe) collar points or tips as Wiggy said. Occasionally covered over with either the Wrangler denim overcoat with sheepskin collar or the Wrangler sheep skin lined denim waist coat depending on how cold it was. Sadly it was a bit late when I realised I could wear one or the other and not both at the same time without cutting off my blood supply.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, few years back too :rolleyes:

Let’s not get into garages shall we.

View attachment 9660You can see where I’ve raised the door and added to it a couple of years back. There’s all sorts of rubbish plastered on that garage door.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,And Wiggy wins a prize ,, crisps or Stella bud :)
Love that garage door 👍

Latest posts