• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Keys

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave105

Reaction score
I've just got hold of few VW logo cutout L profile keys, which is the correct Profile for your Early Bay, these keys are chrome plated brass and look very nice. I also have a few original style stamped VW logo keys, and some cheap after market keys which would be fine for a spare; see pic below for details.

Keys.jpg

If your key is an L code it should look like the one below:

L_Profile.jpg

The prices for these keys are:

A £8
B £8
C £3

You can either take the blank down to your local lock shop who will just copy your key, or I can cut your key to your key code (to make a nice new 'clean' key) for £2 extra.

P&P included in price

If you happen to have a Late Bay I have a few original style Stamped VW logo keys (as B) for the same price

I do this a a bit of a hobby so I may take a a few days to get back to you but I will get there eventually.

Please do not post images of your keys or any key codes in the open forum. If you have any questions just drop me a PM, this will save our kind administrators the task or removing any sensitive information.

Dave

Hi Dave, an 'L' code key for me please. :D
I've been trying to work out the key number, looks like ~~~~~?
If your not sure then maybe best to send as a blank and I'll get it cut with the original.
Image removed

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well fu*k me, I know my old eyes are going a bit, and its been a long day, but thats no excuse for getting it the wrong way up! :roll:
thought them digits looked odd :lol:

streetboy said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Well fu*k me, I know my old eyes are going a bit, and its been a long day, but thats no excuse for getting it the wrong way up! :roll:
thought them digits looked odd :lol:

dude!!! :lol:

So if I get a key cut to that number I can drive a bus away for under a tenner?
Is there time to start this thread again?
Paul

Well done Paul ;) in all the excitment of getting myself a spare key, I was blinded regards the possible consequences of that post. :shock:

Is this one of these keys? This is the key to my tailgate lock. If so can I have one of the origionals

Sorry about the quality of the photo

dave - could you cut one from the number on the lock or must it be on the key? I have a key with no number but the casing on the lock has a number that the key shop used to do a 'silca' copy key.
cheers - Rob

Doris the number on the barrel should match the number on the key

Wonderbus as per the earlier response I've removed the image for your safety

Hi Doris

Yes I can use the number stamped on the handle as the should be the same providing that they have never been swapped out. If your last key was made to this code then I guess it should be correct to make another one from the same code.

Please PM the code to me if you want one making up and don't post it on here as its better kept a secret.

Dave105 said:
Hi Doris

Yes I can use the number stamped on the handle as the should be the same providing that they have never been swapped out. If your last key was made to this code then I guess it should be correct to make another one from the same code.

Please PM the code to me if you want one making up and don't post it on here as its better kept a secret.

OK mate - Thanks - I bought the engine lid lock (with no.) and had a key made up to it (hence no key no.)... will dig it out and PM you!
Cheers - Rob

Hi Dave, recieved the key today and its spot on :D works on all locks with no stiffness at all.
Cheers Fella ;)

Hi Doris

I can make a key up to match your lock no problem. But perhaps this may be better. I assume that your origional ignition key does not fit your new lock as you've recently bought it, well why not fit the lock to your ignition key, that way you only have to carry one key. I can supply the bits to allow you to do this, its not a hard job just a bit fiddley as you have to take the lock apart and insert the new set of tumblers that match your ignition key code ( in effect you are recoding the lock to another code) I've got some instructions (written after I did mine) to allow you to do this, should take you about 30 mins (cleaning the lock is about the longest part!)

Obviously to do this I will need your ignition key code so I can sort out the correct tumbler sequence.

let me know either way and I'll be happy to help.

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks for reply out on the thread. yeah - that one key idea sounds great - you sumised correctly!! its the engine lid lock that is the odd one out. So, what do I need to do, how much will it cost? still like the sound of an original VW logo'd key as well.
Cheers - Rob

Latest posts