kick panels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ands1

Reaction score
The cab front kick panels on my 69 bay are the originals but over the years they have bent & curled up etc through damp & getting wet, so after doing everything up in the cab the two kick panels look rather tired.
I looked on JK site & see two for £20 but they are described as plastic??? I don,t want them looking like cheap plastic, I think i,d like originals with the stickers on, does anyone know where they can be purchased from or what the JK ones are like?
Thanks Andy

I bought the JK ones for mine as a 'quick win' as mine were completely trashed with naff speakers fitted.
They are grained and actually look good and subtle when fitted. Maybe it was my doofuss heavy handedness but one of mine is now cracked which is a bit crap really ..... :(
Ill look out for some good og ones as I go along. I reckon theyll be on a swapmeet stall next to the unwrapped og Westy curtains and a VW tissue dispenser ;)

Shaggy said:
The JK ones are rubbish, i think they look cheap and mine cracked as well.

A mate made mine out of 3mm MDF...

DSCF0778.jpg

I have coated 'em in clear polyurethane to waterproof them and now I have every thing done in the cab, I'm going to spray them in black vinyl.:D

speedwell68 said:
Shaggy said:
The JK ones are rubbish, i think they look cheap and mine cracked as well.

A mate made mine out of 3mm MDF...

DSCF0778.jpg

I have coated 'em in clear polyurethane to waterproof them and now I have every thing done in the cab, I'm going to spray them in black vinyl.:D
Does your mate fancey making me a pair?

It is just a case of making templates out of stiff cardboard and test fitting them, then transferring it on to the MDF and cutting out with a jigsaw. You can get the OE stickers from Heritage.

Latest posts