KPH to MPH

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

Reaction score
It looks like i might have got a trip speedo at last for my bus.Only problem is that it is KPH not MPH.
Is it possible to convert?
What parts would I need ?
Would a MPH donor speedo be useful?
If so do you have one?
Any advice would be greatly received as I have found nothing through googling!!
Thanks Paul

or divide by 8 and multiply by 5 for KPH--->MPH (8/5) for us simple minded folk :D

What I was hoping for was along the lines of;contact x he's done this, or i used this firm to repair my speedo,or even just its easy simple replace this cog...
ah well multiply by 8 divide by 5......!!!!

paul said:
What I was hoping for was along the lines of;contact x he's done this, or i used this firm to repair my speedo,or even just its easy simple replace this cog...
ah well multiply by 8 divide by 5......!!!!

hehe you could try....

http://www.jdo1.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.jdo10.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/page5.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:

depending on where the trip section is located, you could use a donor clock and very carefully cut it to allow the trip to show through.

Paul..You jammy thing. I was trying to buy this speedo but you beat me to it.

I have a spare MPH speedo which may have parts which can be swapped.

What I was considering doing was to use a motorcycle type speedo corrector.

They fit in line with cable befor the speedo head and correct the revolutions accordingly.

They were fitted to a lot of imported motorcycles to save changing the speedo.

They are often on eBay and not too expensive.

I've left you a message on the parts wanted forum as I work in Hampton so not too far from you in Twickers.

Stirlingmoz

all i used to remember on mine was (roughly)
kph mph
25 10
40 20
50 30
60 40
80 50
100 62
never went much faster than that :roll: either remember those figures or use ya tom tom it indicates speed :wink:

Latest posts