Late Christmas present to myself

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempy

Reaction score
picked up earlier today.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

Nice - Happy Christmas!

Let us know if it makes a big difference.
I've got the usual cheap bracket and ball that you can buy from anywhere that is supposed to make the gear change better - but getting back into the van again after 6 years away it still feels like stirring custard - would this lovely alloy thing help?
I've always wondered how those shifts feel - especially with the t-handle and not the round knob - :shock:
May we ask where Santa got it from?

angus said:
Nice - Happy Christmas!

Let us know if it makes a big difference.
I've got the usual cheap bracket and ball that you can buy from anywhere that is supposed to make the gear change better - but getting back into the van again after 6 years away it still feels like stirring custard - would this lovely alloy thing help?
I've always wondered how those shifts feel - especially with the t-handle and not the round knob - :shock:
May we ask where Santa got it from?

Fitted one also to my last bus, and by god you could tell the difference.
The gear change was shorter and went straight in with no messing.

Also the locking in reverse may prevent someone having a go at nicking it as they won't be able to drive off. It's also really well made and would take ages for someone to by pass the lock.

Mike

Man thats a nice looking shifter dude

How much did that little chestnut set you back?

ddffrost said:
Man thats a nice looking shifter dude

How much did that little chestnut set you back?

Dave,

Not cheap at £400 for a locker but knew someone who managed to get it for me a lot less but had to wait a while :wink:

angus said:
....any more? :wink:

Looking back I should have ordered a few more, but wasn't 100% certain mine would turn up so didn't want to pay for more up front just in case.

Not for one minute would i evade the Tax man but maybe next time someone from here ships a van over they could load a few in.

I've just installed the CSP one....a lot cheaper and its fantastic...makes a massive difference....as will the GB that you've got. It dosn't have the locking mechanism but its a cheaper alternative that does the same job...look at machine 7.

i have a friend coming home from So Cal in a month or two i might try to get him to squeeze one in his suitcase.

where is the cheapest place to buy the real deal in California? and how many dollar are we talking about?

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
i have a friend coming home from So Cal in a month or two i might try to get him to squeeze one in his suitcase.

where is the cheapest place to buy the real deal in California? and how many dollar are we talking about?

Berg direct

Standard shifter

http://www.geneberg.com/cat.php?cPath=17_476

With lock

http://www.geneberg.com/cat.php?cPath=480_2972

It's one of those things that will hardly depreciate in price over the years.

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
cant see any reference to LHD or RHD? i assume its LHD only? :(

Hope this helps

GB 6750R 66-79 bus shifter. Fits chassis number 216-028-112 to the Vanagon. For right hand drive buses. We have bent this shifter the opposite way and installed our right hand drive handle. $333.90 $242.84 $233.50

GB 6750R-LK GB 6750R with Berg locking assembly $644.65 $468.83 $450.80

Blimey - you really pay for that locking mech don't you!!
I wonder if they will post abroad...

OK i feel another group buy coming on :D .

My friend Skip lives in Newport Beach LA and goes past Berg Enterprises on his way to work everyday. I'm definitely getting one of these as its my B'day in 2 weeks (sorry for copying ya mike but its such a cool shifter and from the security point of view worth the $Dolla$)

He can pick them up at the Berg shop in Orange LA and i can get them shpped over so you only pay the cash price plus any duty etc. if anyone is interested in one at the current rate its $450.80 = 229ish + postage (should be alot cheaper) need to workout what weight it is and get a price for shipping.

i think ill try get the locking one as well as it looks substantial. Ill be placing an order next week if anyone is interested let me know.