Late Christmas present to myself

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnnyâ„¢ said:
OK i feel another group buy coming on :D .

My friend Skip lives in Newport Beach LA and goes past Berg Enterprises on his way to work everyday. I'm definitely getting one of these as its my B'day in 2 weeks (sorry for copying ya mike but its such a cool shifter and from the security point of view worth the $Dolla$)

He can pick them up at the Berg shop in Orange LA and i can get them shpped over privately and hopefully avoid heavy duty etc but not sure as its always a lottery. if anyone is interested in one at the current rate its $450.80 = 229ish + postage (should be alot cheaper) need to workout what weight it is and get a price for shipping.

i think ill try get the locking one as well as it looks substantial. Ill be placing an order next week if anyone is interested let me know.

i'd be interested in one, depends on shipping costs though =)

hasthespaz said:
Johnnyâ„¢ said:

My friend Skip lives in Newport Beach LA and goes past Berg Enterprises on his way to work everyday. I'm definitely getting one of these as its my B'day in 2 weeks (sorry for copying ya mike but its such a cool shifter and from the security point of view worth the $Dolla$)

He can pick them up at the Berg shop in Orange LA and i can get them shpped over privately and hopefully avoid heavy duty etc but not sure as its always a lottery. if anyone is interested in one at the current rate its $450.80 = 229ish + postage (should be alot cheaper) need to workout what weight it is and get a price for shipping.

i think ill try get the locking one as well as it looks substantial. Ill be placing an order next week if anyone is interested let me know.

With shipping and tax your best to buy one from a supplier in the UK.

Like most VW parts the states are a lot lower, but it's getting one back or buying one that someone no longer wants at a good price, but thats what everyone's after.

Remember a guy once who booked a flight to the states and stayed for one day. Took an empty suitcase, stayed one night got his performance parts and flew home.

Including the fare's he saved over £1000.

Not that i would advise this though.

So would I, a locking one for a LHD bus.

Again depends on shipping costs but I love the look of the shift, it improves the shift and you can lock the tranny, thumbs up all round 8)

kempy said:
hasthespaz said:
Johnnyâ„¢ said:

With shipping and tax your best to buy one from a supplier in the UK.

Like most VW parts the states are a lot lower, but it's getting one back or buying one that someone no longer wants at a good price, but thats what everyone's after.

Remember a guy once who booked a flight to the states and stayed for one day. Took an empty suitcase, stayed one night got his performance parts and flew home.

Including the fare's he saved over £1000.

Not that i would advise this though.

i know i hate import tax too =(

well the cash price seems a good saving from over the counter but shipping and duty etc vat etc will probably be added on. how much do this cost from a supplier in the UK?