Late westy pop top in crossover?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibérico

Reaction score
My search for an early westy pop top to fit in my crossover is proving difficult( at least here in Spain :? ) I found one in the UK but transport is simply not possible...so I thought I had made up my mind to "butcher" my crossover's roof to get some sleeping quarters for my little ones, with a westy roof and continental bed...but no luck...
And then the other day one of my mates shows up with a late bay with a westfalia top that he isnt happy about( no kids yet, ha ha!) and since his van is ultra low he wants to get rid of the pop top" to make it look even lower" he claims
I dont know wether to jump at the oportunity of a copy/paste :roll:
I have looked in other
Forums an people reckon it isnt easy, ( I trust my mate as his welding skills are very good, and we could weld in some bracing)
Pros: the bed is bigger, it would be cheap as my mate just wants my roof rack
In exchanfe(and my lid piece of tin! :lol: )
Cons:the hole is bigger, the early front hinged pop top is prettier( my taste)...

Anyway....we will see...it could be a good winter project...to get the extra space for next summer...

Anybody done before?

All input welcome :D

Tonio

Hola amego!

Tezzah off here has an O'Connor's late Westy 'copy' pop top on his crosser. Looks great, think his was originally a Devon With pop top. Maybe PM him for some pics. I know he had it fit at the factory so may not be able to answer any Qs. It's a great area much bigger than the EB Westy roof.

Just

Latest posts