Leaking wiper switch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milfredo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I bought a new switch from JK last year as my old one leaked a lot. My mot is due soon so I was testing bits and the washer had no pressure. I gave it a pump and the windscreen washers constantly dripped water. Is there a way to fix this or do I need a new one again? They’re £60 from memory so I really wouldn’t like to buy another.

Hi folks,

I bought a new switch from JK last year as my old one leaked a lot. My mot is due soon so I was testing bits and the washer had no pressure. I gave it a pump and the windscreen washers constantly dripped water. Is there a way to fix this or do I need a new one again? They’re £60 from memory so I really wouldn’t like to buy another.
Drip on the outside, as if the switch no longer shuts off the water pressure completely.

Hi folks,

I gave up on those switches. I bought a JK one and it leaked straight away worse than the old one !. Fitted an electric pump, easy and effective solution. 👍

Pull the centre of the wiper switch out, see if the drip stops.
I never tried that 😂

What if it stops when removed? I squirted WD40 down the hole to free it up but this made no difference.

Planning on doing a elec conversion as I’ve seen a few good guides that use the stock switch (of which I have my old spare)
I gave up on those switches. I bought a JK one and it leaked straight away worse than the old one !. Fitted an electric pump, easy and effective solution. 👍
I’m going to build my own elec one from my spare switch and a new washer pump. I’ll photo updates.

Latest posts