Let's see your wrinkly front panels then

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fully sick
SNV81075.jpg

02671b0f-310d-de85.jpg

Mines got a bit of a ripple. Will be getting respray over the winter due to it being painted in about 5 different shades of white.

You blokes are killing me. :confused0068:

After years I've just started to admire the Patina and Rat look but this is just taking the piss.

Wrinkly front panels?????

C'mon what's next? Fire damaged rears perhaps?

aspro said:

After years I've just started to admire the Patina and Rat look but this is just taking the piss.

C'mon what's next? Fire damaged rears perhaps?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No the next craze is wait til every ones slammed their buses then start a trend of stock height lol :lol:

sparkywig said:
Westy Richardson said:
02671b0f-310d-de85.jpg

Mines got a bit of a ripple. Will be getting respray over the winter due to it being painted in about 5 different shades of white.

White?
Looks like you've gone pink....
Anything you want to talk about Karl?

:lol: err, hmmmm. I don't really know what to say about that. It's outside my girlfriends house which is Suffolk pink, I guess that is a reflection?

306219_2707103536734_1831173887_1539286_1437419955_n.jpg

Wrinkly, with a bit of rat look, some patina and stock ride height, I'm with it. :msn4:
575016_2707106376805_1831173887_1539288_721920034_n.jpg

If you look closely the headlamp bowl has been 're-chromed' using tin foil. :mrgreen:

aspro said:

You think? I wouldn't have wanted mine if the front wasn't smashed in. I set about looking for one specially, then after I got it realised I'd joined a select club with refined taste, hence starting this thread. ;)

I've got to say I work with show winning cars everyday as in complete restored e-types an I get bored of the same thing but patina is amazing there is never one the same an never will be an the front panel just adds to the amazing style

Rob

ZedBed said:
aspro said:

You think? I wouldn't have wanted mine if the front wasn't smashed in. I set about looking for one specially, then after I got it realised I'd joined a select club with refined taste, hence starting this thread. ;)

I don't get it. It's the same difference as rust vs patina. Its one thing to own a nice rust free van with loads of patina but it's not cool to brag about owning a rust bucket. There's nothing like chaffed wiring and a broken air box drain the dumps water into the front valance of your van turning it into a rust bucket!!

squareweave said:
ZedBed said:
aspro said:

I don't get it. It's the same difference as rust vs patina. Its one thing to own a nice rust free van with loads of patina but it's not cool to brag about owning a rust bucket. There's nothing like chaffed wiring and a broken air box drain the dumps water into the front valance of your van turning it into a rust bucket!!
It's stylishly smashed. You either "get it" or you don't. :)
It doesn't leak, I have the drain and the wiring is tidy thanks for your concern.
Also, being a restorer, it's nice not to be tempted to do this one.

ZedBed said:
aspro said:

So I guess what you're saying is a wrinkly panel is kind of like a fat woman. They might not appeal to most people but there's a select few with a fetish for fatties. ;)

aspro said:
ZedBed said:
aspro said:

So I guess what you're saying is a wrinkly panel is kind of like a fat woman. They might not appeal to most people but there's a select few with a fetish for fatties. ;)

You got it matey

aspro said:

Well put! It's like saying you would rather take Susan Boyle than Gisele Bundchen. Have at her boys, but
a stylishly smashed bus? :roll: Maybe a cheap alternative to a straight one, but about as stylish as acid washed jeans?

squareweave said:
aspro said:

Well put! It's like saying you would rather take Susan Boyle than Gisele Bundchen. Have at her boys, but
a stylishly smashed bus? :roll: Maybe a cheap alternative to a straight one, but about as stylish as acid washed jeans?
I like skinny birds - not everyone does, but just different and no cheaper. :)

squareweave said:
aspro said:

:?

Latest posts