LHD/RHD spare wheel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngbay

Reaction score
can you please tell me where the spare wheel well is on your parcel shelf! mine is a LHD and its on the driver side.

what about RHD's where is yours.

havin a few problems with a bluebird customs 3/4 rock n roll bed thats all

thanks

same side fella...

whats the problem, people on here seem to rate the Bluebird bed so may be able to offer some assistance

RHD... spare wheel diagonally opposite driver, i.e. the same side as yours.

they're all the same regardless of which side the steering wheel's on aren't they ?

hope you get sorted out 8)

well the legs/brackets that fit the bed to the bulkhead only allow it to be fitted to the side with the spare wheel. the reason i bought a 3/4 was to avoid the spare wheel.

any thoughts

well, without seeing the thing it's difficult to advise (can you post up a picture ?) but as i said to my wife the other day when i was fixing the... i've actually forgotten - i'm great at mending stuff but my short term memory is definitely going - if it was made by man then it can be repaired by man (within reason, obviously) so i don't see how you wouldn't be able to modify it to fit ?

get that picture up :wink:

or... put your spare wheel somewhere else...

it was the lightswitch in the bathroom...

way ahead of you! started chopping and welding today!

it just seems odd that they made it to fit onto the spare wheel side of the vehicle! unless its been manafactured wrong or i am overlooking something.

plus i cant phone them to ask them (shut for holidays)

I have to agree they show the bed monted on both sides and I cant see what in the frame requires the necessity to use the wheel well or what fouls the placement

youngbay" havin a few problems with a bluebird customs 3/4 rock n roll bed thats all thanks[/quote said:
Send it back, get a refund and buy a westy bed. I bought one, and have to say, I was not impressed in the slightest. It doesn't fit, and when it is in, there is a big gap between it and the rear luggage area.Instructions such as 'assemble it , see where it touches ,and thats the mounting points' don't inspire confidence, not if they have been selling them for years. Just my opinion mind. Oh and they are not cheap either.

Latest posts