Link pin bays......lets see 'em.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id disagree,the during pic whilst being very cool in my eyes doesnt compare ,that bus now is a real stunner testament to the hard graft,rat look is an easy option and now just a bit common.

davebug said:
Id disagree,the during pic whilst being very cool in my eyes doesnt compare ,that bus now is a real stunner testament to the hard graft,rat look is an easy option and now just a bit common.

For sure Davebug , I CANNOT compare the two looks , but i thought the colour was really nice and like the rough look , Just more my kind of look mate ;)

Love the after pic but I would have stuck with the original green, would have looked even better :mrgreen:

davebug said:

I agree, I love patina but in my opinion you have to spend of time detailing up the OG paint and other parts of the van. I have been a big fan of original vw's for years I think that people are taking it a bit to far taking a van that has holes like swiss cheese along the rockers and trashed interior and calling it rat. Not that this van was in that condition but it may just have looked bitchen with a wetsand and polish but anyways, it looks killer now!

Just my 2¢

Its not a case of whats cool for me its just that i drive my VW everyday and wouldnt really want to drive the finished bus in rain, snow or even traffic :lol: the durin bus is just more me. :mrgreen:

young_dubya said:
Its not a case of whats cool for me its just that i drive my VW everyday and wouldnt really want to drive the finished bus in rain, snow or even traffic :lol: the durin bus is just more me. :mrgreen:
Could'nt agree more. I'm gonna be using my bus as a daily too and I dont want a mint paint job to have to worry about getting damaged.

johnraw1 said:
young_dubya said:
Could'nt agree more. I'm gonna be using my bus as a daily too and I dont want a mint paint job to have to worry about getting damaged.

Not new paint but detailed original paint is what i'm talking about. Oxidized original paint buffs out soooooo nice and just looks killer with patina/fade going on. I can't agree more you just don't end up driving restored cars enough and to top that off I have seen lots of cars I thought were nice to only to see them a few years later with pizza rockers and were not much more than a bondo rocket. I just don't get a slammed filthy, rusty bus with ripped interior. Buffed faded paint, nice wheels, slammed and clean interior and i'm a fan. Anyways again just opinions, but I think I kind of high jacked this post so i'm done. Back to link pinned bay pics.

i prefered the before all the way 8)

back to the subject, heres a few of my favourites

299587.jpg

dyn002_original_400_300_gif_2550189.gif

101_1521.jpg

greenbay.jpg

1161655ti2.jpg

2441802.jpg

Jambo09088.jpg

dyn002_original_400_300_gif_2550-1.gif

dyn007_original_640_480_pjpeg_25394.jpg

4762711.jpg

476272.jpg

Paul

There's some sic buses there, love Keene's 'Airkraft', Evil Ben's and the South coast customs. They rock :lol: :mrgreen:

windsurfer said:
There's some sic buses there, love Keene's 'Airkraft', Evil Ben's and the South coast customs. They rock :lol: :mrgreen:
Yeah they sure have a nice stance.....mine will be sitting like these in the next few weeks too.

Latest posts