Link pin bays......lets see 'em.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pictures of my van.

feb011.jpg

A few months later

feb048.jpg

dscn0366grey.jpg

squareweave said:
Sits nice! Whats the specs on your suspension?

dubscum said:
what profile are the rear tyres ? is the back 3 splines down, with chassis notchs ?

many thanks for the info
ash

In the front I run a split beam. I did´t narrow it, I just welded in adjusters and dropped the spindles. My plan was to run Porsche 356 4.5" all around, but since I did´t narrow, I had to use 4" beetle -66 wheels in the front and 165/50. Later on I will narrow the Porsche wheels.

I don´t like buses to high in the rear and I hadn´t the time to notch the chassi rails, so I had to compromise so I run 165/50 in the back. ( very high RPM, and ugly)
Later on, I will use 165/65 but it requires serious chassis notchs.

At the moment I just notched the springplates, the 10mm edge of the chassis rails to clear the drive shaft. And a little, little bit at the outside of the chassis rail, to clear the CV Joint boots. I also took some of the the bump stop metal away (The one on the trailingarm).

The engine and gearbox is very near the ground, so I decided not to have suspension in the rear. Which means, the suspension is bottom out.

I don´t know how many splines I took the back down. I took everything apart, and tried out different setting, inner and outer.

I hope you understand my english. This is also hard for me to explain in swedish :oops:

Latest posts