Lo Pro tyres on wide 5's

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcher

Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question about tyres? I thinking of putting on some low-pro tyres on to me wide 5's.

Does anyone have experince of fitting these tyres to the old style wide 5's.

any advice would be great thanks.

regards

marcher :D

shouldnt be a problem, ive had 195/50/15 and 60/15s on my bus, 205/65s and now 215/45/17s. any good tyre fitter should be able to help

marcher said:
Hi,

Quick question about tyres? I thinking of putting on some low-pro tyres on to me wide 5's.

Does anyone have experince of fitting these tyres to the old style wide 5's.

any advice would be great thanks.

regards

marcher :D

what's to know? low pro's will go on fine but your speedo and gearing will be affected - although if you use the same size front and back, your speedo will tell you how fast your engine thinks it's pushing you along at ;)

185/65/15 should be the same as the standard size, any lower and the speedo will be out and the engine will be working harder.

Thanks for the advice chaps.

My wide 5's are 185/14 C........ is it still ok to fit them???? could some one tell me what the size's are that i need, as i'm thinking of ordering the tyres online and just getting them fitted.

I'm sorry but really dont know much about tyres & size's :oops: :oops:

cheers and regards

marcher :?:

if you want to fit the same size then you need 185/65/15s

if you want to fit a different size then make sure its at least 175 wide. :wink:

Latest posts