• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Loads of Bay bits can take to Volksworld Show

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veedunk

Reaction score
I have been having a rummage in the garage and I have the following bits available to take to Volksworld Show on the Sunday. I am happy to post the smaller items if anyone wants them.

All parts are open to sensible offers, but don't worry I won't be offended with any offers as long as you are not offended if i decline, I'm sure we can reach a sensible price for any of the bits.

Anyway the list goes like this:

Pair of tan/beige original basket weave seat covers, came off my '71 so I know they fit. In very good condition but would benefit from a good cleaning, the passenger seat cover has a small cut about 1cm on the outside.

Dashboard top? the bit between the dash and the windscreen with the slotted vents in. Has a small amount of rust on the edge about 3cm long but perfectly useable.

I have 8 standard 14" steel wheels, some with good tyres others not so good, take your pick. All van rated tyres and wheels are in good used condition.

Brand new from JK, MDF sliding door panel, the one you have to get re-covered or leave it as it is. Has all the holes precut for the clips.

Rear wheel arch repair panels, the ones that fit the early Bays with flat wheel arches. They are the small panels at the rear of the wheel arch. Brand new from Schofields.

Battery tray near side, fits a later Bay. Brand new from Schofields . The securing bracket is missing.

1 x engine lid hinge. Brand new from JK.

Pair of engine lid hinge seals. Brand new from JK. NOW SOLD

A rear hatch lock and mechanism (choice of two mechanisms). Used but in good condition.

Gear lever selector plate. Brand new from Heritage.

Engine lid stay. Used but good condition.

Engine lid lock, not the one that you can actually lock with a key. Used but in good condition.

Sliding door handle, the one with the key in the handle. Used, a bit pitted and not sure if it locks but I don't have the key anyway.

Number plate light and seal. The lens has the corner missing but otherwise in good working condition, the rubber seal is OK.

Gear lever. Used but works well in average condition.

Pair of door step rubbers (early Bay). Average condition, one has a small cut in the side but hardly noticeable. NOW SOLD

One 1/4 light upright seal. Brand new from JK.

Pair of cab door 1/4 light seals (for fixed lights). Brand new from JK.

Rear VOLKSWAGEN script. Used but average condition, it has all the pins attached. NOW SOLD

Used alloy gear lever handle from Bluebird, the one shaped to fit your grip if you know what I mean. Good condition.

Van cover from JK. Been on the van twice only, in excellent condition. It is the new deluxe one with extra zips etc. NOW SOLD

Middle window seal. Brand new from JK.

Windscreen seal, tried to fit it but gave up. Brand new from JK.

Middle side window glass. Used but in good condition.

If I think of anything else I will add it to the list.

Cheers

Veedunk

How much for the JK car cover?

I am on holday on Saturday for a week but might be able to collect from Reading.

How much for the front windscreen seal and side window seal? :)

I'm not going to volksworld but I'm sure I know someone who will be going.

Hi,

Pete - the cover is like new, only been used twice therefore I'm after £85. No problem with collection when you get back from hols. There is some interest in the cover on another forum just to let you know though.

Tofufi - How about £30 for the two seals?

Cheers

Veedunk

Hi Maddog,

Yeah it's still for sale...got someone interested on VZi but if I don't hear anything you're next in line :D

Cheers

Veedunk

veedunk said:
Hi Maddog,

Yeah it's still for sale...got someone interested on VZi but if I don't hear anything you're next in line :D

Cheers

Veedunk

Ok no worries, im going to Sandown, live near ya and im on Vzi too if ya need to get hold of me!!
Im guessing its in good nick and will cover a Bay with pop top??

Maddog,

I'm going to Sandown on Sunday, if I don't hear back from the other guy we can meet up and do a deal. Yeah it's in good nick, it's like new. i presume it will fit a pop top, worth checking the JK site to see what they say though.

Cheers

Veedunk

Ok mate,

Not sure if im going sat or sun yet.

I can always pick it up from you in reading or get someone to get it from you on sunday.

i'll check their website too.

07742919418 txt or ring if not sold.

Ta.

Van cover sold to Maddog :lol:

Still got lots of bits left, nobody want standard wheels with tyres for £5 each??

Veedunk

Latest posts