Lock re-tumbling

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch71bay

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know where to get locks re-tumbled? If yes what will the expected cost be? I only have 1 key that fits my drivers door, and don't posses any keys at all for the othe doors!

That's a great link Sparky..... My passenger door lock will lock but then cant be unlocked from the outside..... do you think it needs a good clean out

AGC said:
That's a great link Sparky..... My passenger door lock will lock but then cant be unlocked from the outside..... do you think it needs a good clean out

Does your key turn in the lock? If the key turns in the lock but it does not unlock the door you may have a broken spring in the door latch mechanism. I had the same problem and just recently fixed it.

Have a look at this page, it was tremendously helpful:

http://www.type2.com/rvanness/lock.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If your key does not turn in the lock it may need cleaning/lubrication. It may help to just spray some aerosol graphite lock lube in the keyhole. It wouldn't hurt to pull your latches and clean and lube them anyway, it's probably never been done before. Good luck!

Latest posts