• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a bay (still!)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small Face

Reaction score
Hi all,
A few of you have given some good advice about looking for a camper, but alas due to one reason or another im still without one.

Therefore, would be obliged (possibly with the rest of the country) if people could keep us in mind if anything comes up.

We are after something with a very tidy exterior, with a long mot and registered in this country, something that will be a compromise between a camper i can love, and something my girlfriend and I can camp in quickly.

I dont want a rolling resto - however have been turned on to imports and the potential they offer by people on this site so LHD is also an option.

My budget is approx £6500 for a nice tin top with camping interior stretching up towards £7k when moving into the realms of pop tops.

Re-trimming interior, needing new canvas bunks etc dont worry me - and also not overly concerned about complete originality - like a say something cool for me to love and dress up over the years, the compromise being needing to already be mostly 'finished' on the outside.

Hope that covers everything - though from experience if it doesnt im pretty sure you will all ask! :lol:

SF

Got this one here that may fit your bill if we don't lower it http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14261" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, let me know if its of interest and we can have a chat.

Also got a Pop Top due in from the states in about a month going for £7750 MOT'd and ready for the road, http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13776" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or have a look at the website

Hi,
Cheers - however my budget really is stretched at £6500 for a tin top, and thats for a very tidy outside with some camping interior, as we would need to use the rest of our budget on drive away awning etc to be able to use for camping.
We can only stretch a little higher if its a very well externally finished tin top or moving into pop top with work required internally.

Shame though as the westy pop top looks like it could be really nice - our budget just really is stuck at £7000

I meant to say im also not too worried about it 'having' to be an early - obviously preferred due to the tax exemption tho!

got this , og paint westy, solid as you like, drive very nice ;) £7k

hcx006.jpg

hcx007.jpg

hcx012.jpg

Small Face said:
Hi,
Cheers - however my budget really is stretched at £6500 for a tin top, and thats for a very tidy outside with some camping interior, as we would need to use the rest of our budget on drive away awning etc to be able to use for camping.
We can only stretch a little higher if its a very well externally finished tin top or moving into pop top with work required internally.

Shame though as the westy pop top looks like it could be really nice - our budget just really is stuck at £7000

I meant to say im also not too worried about it 'having' to be an early - obviously preferred due to the tax exemption tho!
pm sent

Might just have what you are after arriving at my door in next couple of days, 70 bay window, super solid, very straight and honest, and you should still have some change!