Louvred Windows

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albie5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope to fit louvred windows soon to my 71' Bay (converted panel van) Do you just bolt these in to the frame and somehow attach an outer and inner seal afterwards?
I've seen many with these windows on the sliding door - is there a reason for this?
Hope someone can help!
Many thanks
Albie5

Westy (louvered windows) are fitted with screws from inside the van. The window and seal is pushed into place from outside and then @ 20 screws go through the seam (between inner and outer panels) that a normal seal would fit on to. Not sure if it would work on yours as converted panel vans use different glass as far as I'm aware

If you want pics let me have your email

Cheers

Marriedblonde said:
I'm about to take mine out as the vans been resorted but not the windows. Job for the next few days. So can happily supply pics as well if needed.

J.

I've done mine on my 71. Major job, took me so many weekends I've lost count. Check my resto thread. My recommendation would be after dismantling take all the piece to a metal polisher. The corrosion is aluminium oxide which is very hard so very difficult to polish out even with wet n dry paper.

Good luck

Aplogies for delay been down with a bug (stomach variety)
Thanks for all the replies
I'll also have a look at Kev's resto site
Cheers
Albie5

Latest posts