lowered bays on stock rims

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
low.jpg

Just changed to 14's on the front getting a little bit of rubbage :roll:

Had mine like this for 2 years , lowered on whitewalls 195/75/14
IMG_0139-1.jpg

Now got it on 185/55 front and 195/60 on rear. Took it lower at front by about 2 inch but left the back the same. One slight problem is on shitty roads the anti roll bar occasionally bottoms out on the ground, but love the look so just avoid pot holes. :mrgreen:
P1011448.jpg

P1011446.jpg

anyone got 14s on the front & 15s on the rear? :wink: please put up some pics if you have :mrgreen:

well thanks for all the pictures my bus is booked in to be lowered, adjusters on the front beam, adjustable spring plates and 185/70/14 tyres on the rear and 15/65/14 on the front only a couple of weeks to wait now

Pete

Looked at loads of options for wheels as wanted the same offset that VW gave the stock wheel, however with 14" you are limited to tyre sizes due to gear ratios.

Bought some Flat4 Fuch's but sold them on and got a set of pre-64 split screen crows feet wheels and had the blasted & powder coated.
I'm really pleased how it worked out and the fronts still sit in like they should.

091.jpg

094.jpg

093.jpg

Also decided to get the hub caps powder coated like the original Westies and to be different.

I may even drop the front down another inch.

Hope you like.

ib-bus said:
It looks veeery nice Kempy.

Cheers Juan,

I'll get some pics up soon of the interior as in the middle of fitting new wooden panels and replacement covers as dam near to the original spec.

Mike