Lowered the front end today!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete nice

Reaction score
I fitted another front beam today, I swapped the old wide 5 drums out for disks so it might stop a bit better.

The wheels are 6x16 D90's fited with 25mm adaptors. I haven't bled the brakes yet as I still have the rear end to convert over.

DSCN1629.jpg

DSCN1630.jpg

I have the original beam in the for sale section. As you can see, I still have plenty of body work to do!

Cheers guys, I thought you would like that, D90's aren't that comon on bays yet & a detailed set is not seen very often either.

The rake is only temporary until it get the new back end on & drop it a spline.

I have fitted a disk brake beam with Machine7 adjusters fitted.

The wide 5 rear end will be for sale soon too. I was going to keep it all incase I wanted to swap back, but I don't really have the space. I know it's not the done thing to go 5x112 but it makes sense from a practical point of view. I intend on doing a few miles in when it's done & don't want to mess about with drums.

I will get some more pics up as I do some more work...

Nice work Pete! gonna be ace when you have finished 8)

8) Sure is looking good. 8)

I actually quite like the raked look. Does it weight the steering or cause any issue to leave it with a slight rake?

T

As it stands - very hotrod :wink:

Liking what you have done so far - wheels will look wicked once on
the back as well.

Good on ya :D

liking those wheels Pete , if you decide to put the Fuch`s on can i get first dibs on these ones , bit cheeky but if you dont ask , and all that . :wink:

Thats lovely mate, bet your van will go round corners rather than hopping round them like mine does, hope i can do the same to mine at some point.

Ash, I dug those rear markers out for you the other day...

I will fit the late rear end as soon as I can & lower the rear too. I can then see if the 7" D90's fit or not...

pete nice said:
Ash, I dug those rear markers out for you the other day...

I will fit the late rear end as soon as I can & lower the rear too. I can then see if the 7" D90's fit or not...

cheers, you going for redrilled hubs? would of thought the porsche offset will help you out in the rear.

I have 25mm adaptors, they seem to work well for the front, hopefully they will be good on the rear too.

The rears fit fine! I need a pair of front flexi hoses & a pair of handbrake cables & then it's done.

DSCN1638.jpg

DSCN1640.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1641.jpg

I have the rear hubs for sale now too...

Latest posts