lowering my bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobie

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Devon
has anyone lowered just the front of their bus to level it up and can you post up some pics

thinking of getting mine done in new year and need to see mild lowering pics first :D

will be keeping stock wheels and tyres

Your van will have beenn level from stock, the rears tend to sag over time.

To be at the correct height I would be tempted to raise the rear on the springs plates as it shouldn't involve any parts or cost except your time.

If however you do want to lower your van then a set of dropped spindles up front will mean that you probably end up doing a 1 spline drop at the rear. (that should level it up) But every van has sagged a differeing amount so its a bit of an educated guesstimate. You will almost certainly end up running slightly lower profile tyres at the front but keeping stock at the rear. You also have to bear in mind the cost of 4 new shocks as realistically they will need to be replaced if you lower your van at all.

10178041_484762524958947_332389000162414711_n.jpg

This van has had exactly that, slightly lower profile tyres, drop spindles, one spline at the rear, 4 new shocks.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Alex

Hi
I am doing exactly this to mine I have bought an adjustable new beam from Creative Engineering I will put up some before and after pics as soon as the work has been carried out

Jimbo

Latest posts