lpg conversions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super-craig

Reaction score
Hi

does anyone have a lpg conversion on their bus , they cost a bit , cheap running etc , but is it really worth doing ?

I`m haviing mine converted to LPG in April by Gassure, the tank is going under the rock/roll seat in my Westy. I worked it out that I will break even in 18-24 months . I checked it out on other forums and no one seemed to regret having it done.

thank you Harlequin 8) i thought there may have been a thread , but there are so many to go through 8) clicked the link and read it , i hear the concerns about gas tanks inside vehicles , we use to get people fitting them in american stretch limos being the side facing / j-seats , but some said they had customers complain about gas smell in the back :shock: but if they run under private hire it was (in some areas) against the rules of private hire .
i did see an advert in a camper mag (none vw) a system to power the stove , the tank in question was a normal type cylinder that was refillable , but not sure if you can run the engine and stove from the same system , any ideas anyone , would be good 8)

Are the govt still doing grants on LPG conversions? the last time i researched it they were paying up to half the cost.

Gassure did have a system where the tank supplied the stove aswell but they had safety issues and suspended it not sure if they solved the problem you can read there forum or ask em.... I believe that cost is with the grant.....recouped by the supplier.... the other worry is the tax break will be dropped by the govt...remember what happened with diesel and the drive to get everyone on that.....

As an aside anyone tried the HHO conversion? running your motor on water?

Latest posts