Wolfsburg Museum

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin L

Reaction score
Anyone on here driven their Bus to Wolfsburg? Is it worth it, any idea of rough costs ( tolls, fuel, museum admission, camping)? Any adivce would be great.

Definitely worth it.
Couldn't tell how much it would cost these days though.
Cheers Sparky.
I suppose everything has sky rocketed recently with prices going up on everything.
My cousin is 50 next year so we fancied a road trip in our Buses. Was thinking of the Car Show at Essen in March/April ( been 3 times before, brilliant show) but thought if we were that way already......why not carry on.

As ex military lived near Hannover and was lucky enough to do a tour of the factory. Blagged my way into the Corporate visit of last last General in Germany Gen Hennderson (late REME). Well worth it. There are some campsite around but worth asking Mr Google. The VW museum is also wirth a visit. I woukd do the ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland overnight, Arnham then Germany Route 30, Route 2 to Hannover (autobahn). Did that route when I left Germany 6 years ago in my 1971 bus called Ivan after a certian Maj Hurst. Have fun.

As ex military lived near Hannover and was lucky enough to do a tour of the factory. Blagged my way into the Corporate visit of last last General in Germany Gen Hennderson (late REME). Well worth it. There are some campsite around but worth asking Mr Google. The VW museum is also wirth a visit. I woukd do the ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland overnight, Arnham then Germany Route 30, Route 2 to Hannover (autobahn). Did that route when I left Germany 6 years ago in my 1971 bus called Ivan after a certian Maj Hurst. Have fun.
Thanks Fatgaz
I was thinking of going the Harwich to Hook route.

Thanks Fatgaz
I was thinking of going the Harwich to Hook route.
Dont forget to take all the stuff required to drive abroad, spare bulbs, warning triangle, flurecent jackets etc. It depends on the country you are in as well.

Dont forget to take all the stuff required to drive abroad, spare bulbs, warning triangle, flurecent jackets etc. It depends on the country you are in as well.

There are lots of requirements for driving in Europe these days!

Germany requires one to carry a first aid kit and although one may carry a spare petrol can, one MAY NOT store spare petrol it. Running out of petrol on the autobahns is an offence.

Either one on two warning triangles are required dependent upon the country and/or whether one is towing a caravan / trailer.

Fluorescent high-visibility waistcoats or jackets (one each for the driver and all passengers) should be accessible from within the vehicle.

France requires one to carry at least one but ideally two alcohol breath-testing kits.

Note that the GB sticker is now obsolete (might even be illegal now!) and one now requires a UK sticker.

Check requirements for exhaust-emissions restrictions and associated obligatory window stickers!

I came across more than a few members of the REME, RE & RAOC, plus a former member of the Rhodesian Light Infantry, during the year I spent at the Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham, during 1990~91.

Latest posts