Made it up the road, thanks for tips guys!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donallanwalker

Reaction score
Made it up the road guys!!! (Eventually)
650 miles up the road to Scotland! Really chuffed with the journey, she just cruised the whld way!!

Took all u guys advice and reduced speed to 60mph, left at 1030 am and arrived on my doorstep at 0430!! Had a couple of naps in the back because I'm just off 3 weeks night shift!

no real issues at all, apart from the window wiper came loose but just nipped if up and it was sorted!

Was really good to get a real feel of it and find out it's limits and handling capabilities.

It needs it's heater sorted, there was heat constantly coming out the dash, but the actual heater just blows cool air, it wasn't cold until around midnight then I needed the hat and gloves! (Thanks for the advice) Also needs a light in the dash dials as I couldn't see a thing!!

The engine was fine though, my oil level stayed in between the lines the whole way, was a really smooth drive engine wise.

The steering was pretty boaty, when it rained it was quite hard to handle so going to look into ways of improving that, and the breaks are not great so will be replacing them with a brand new set all round.

Fuel wise, I thought it was ok, I got about 430miles out of a full tank, about £75, I'm not tok sure if that is good or bad or just the norm big I thought it might have been more with having a modified engine?

All in all though really pleased, no major issues so far after 650mikes so that's got to be a good start?! Just a few comfort tweaks needed I hope?

Thanks again for all the tips and advice, you really are a friendly bunch xxx

Glad it went well - get some pics up in the gallery when you can, surprised no one has told you yet -WE LIKE PICS on here :lol:

Glad you made it back home ok. I only drove 350 miles from Kent when I bought my van. Strangely enough I nearly lost one of my wipers as well :lol:
You may find twiddling with the light switch the dash lights come on.
The mpg you got, about 30mpg I estimate, is good for a standard engine particularly if its got a camping interior (extra weight)

Looking forward to seeing your thread in the gallery, and, don't know if its been mentioned before, lots of pics :mrgreen: :lol:

Nice effort, well done. You'll need to get familiar with the heater controls, there is no fan blowing the hot air, other than the engine cooling fan!

Flat bd be of service. Not sure if any one mentioned it before but we loiks photos!

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Just uploaded all my pics to photo bucket but doesn't seem to be working when i copy and paste them to the gallery, i must be doing something wrong!!!

31ad57d6-4719-43bb-bdb6-9c7f4bc466e4_zpsa9805cd2.jpg.html

Latest posts